SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My power steering hoses are leaking and since I am going to spend time and do this, I was planning on changing all 3 hoses. Checking esaabparts, the prices are ~165, ~195, and ~20 for these parts, which is steep. Has anyone heard of or used a brand called “SUNSONG”. A quick google search led me to this page:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4255633/Sunsong_Power_Steering_Hose_As

Found another review on amazon, saab specific

https://www.amazon.com/Sunsong-3402948-Steering-Pressure-Assembly/dp/B01BDBIZIS/ref=sr_1_1?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1575339897&s=automotive&sr=1-1&vehicle=2001-65-860-871--18-6-5-5919-1599-1-1-2232--3&vehicleName=2001+Saab+9-3

Has any one used this or do you have some knowledge on this?

Thanks

·
Registered
372 Posts
There has been some discussion in another place (UKSaabs) about paying a hydraulics shop to make custom lines for a long run direct from the PAS pump to the end of the rack. Apparently the connectors used at both ends are available off-the-shelf, and this can be done by bypassing the PAS cooler under the radiator entirely and thus removing a weak point from the system.

The short run from the PAS reservoir to the PAS Pump can be done wiht off-the-shelf hose of a type resistant to your PAS fluid (some of these cars have CHF, others have Dexron-3 ATF, hose needs to be appropriately resistant)

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
I would think Sunsong hoses to be fine. They're a huge company making mountains of rubber hose for a variety of applications. I'd be hesitant with the long hose under the radiator just because it's a PITA to get to, but for more easily accessible ones I'd probably go for it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure what everyone thinks of Professional Parts Sweden, but autohausaz.com has their p/s hoses for around $55 each.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Personally I'd take a risk with Sunsong over PPS... I'd bet the Sunsong is higher quality, but even if it's not it won't be worse and costs half as much. That's always the problem with competing on price....there's always someone cheaper. Compete on value or quality is a game you can win.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts