SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a big ps leak right above my AC compressor (probably why my a/c don't work)and it's getting all over my AEM intake and everything else that's there.
I tried following the hose to see if I can just replace the hose but it just keeps going and going.馃槱 Please tell me I don't have to replace the whole thing. What do I need and if it's not too much to ask. how do I do it the easiest and fastest way?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I don't understand is ..where does this hose end at? Seems like I have to buy the whole assembly which is $500

Registered
That hose is in two parts. The front part, where your leak is, goes down, bends around in a loop behind the bumper, goes down to the subframe, and joins up with the rear half of the pipe on top of the subframe behind the air box, sort of behind the crankshaft pulley. Since you have a 2006 that should have the most recent version of that pipe, you should be able to replace just the front part. It's available from RockAuto. Those of us with older cars have to replace the entire thing, since Saab changed the genders of the lines where they connect. Replacing the rear half is much, much more involved than replacing the front half, and involves dropping the rear of the subframe. I had to do that about a year ago on my 2000.

Registered
Look at the power steering pressure hose listings on RockAuto. You need the part labeled "pump end". In the picture from eEuroparts that you posted, it's the section with the silver cover over the pipe. It ends at the joint right before the cooling loop.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Look at the power steering pressure hose listings on RockAuto. You need the part labeled "pump end". In the picture from eEuroparts that you posted, it's the section with the silver cover over the pipe. It ends at the joint right before the cooling loop.

Thank you sir. That's what I needed to know.

Registered
Just where do you drop the subframe? I鈥檓 in the process of changing a set on a 2005. I removed the rear mount and the bracket on the transmission that it attaches to , to get access to the connection on the steering box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
When I replaced the hoses on mine, I completely removed the rear subframe bolts, loosened the front ones a little bit, and loosened the middle ones about halfway. The middle ones were the ones that were supporting the subframe, so I didn't have a jack underneath it, although I did have some 2"x4"s stacked up under it on one side. It's still a tight fit to get a wrench on the bolt on the steering box, but I've dealt with worse on these cars.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I replaced the hoses on mine, I completely removed the rear subframe bolts, loosened the front ones a little bit, and loosened the middle ones about halfway. The middle ones were the ones that were supporting the subframe, so I didn't have a jack underneath it, although I did have some 2"x4"s stacked up under it on one side. It's still a tight fit to get a wrench on the bolt on the steering box, but I've dealt with worse on these cars.
I don't have to do all that to change this 1 hose do I??

Registered
No, that's only if you're replacing the entire thing. You won't have to mess with the subframe at all if you're just doing the front part.

Registered
Did the replacement hose go back in the chassis mounts in the frame. None of mine do . Also, do the holes in the banjo bolt need to match up with the line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I completely forgot to check in after I changed that hose. Yes it was the right part and it was a very easy job to do. Just in case someone runs into same problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts