SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my '04 9-3 Aero began suffering from the "oil getting past the power steering pump shaft seal" issue a while back, and I'm finally getting around to fixing it.

Trouble is, I need to figure out what I'm refilling with. Of course CHF11S is recommended, but it's harder than hen's teeth to find around here - and I really don't want to have to hit 3-4 auto parts stores just to have the privilege of buying a sufficient quantity, at $28/liter no less. Even if I buy it online, the price still creeps towards the high teens per liter with shipping and whatnot, plus I get to wait another 3-5 days.

I'm no purist when it comes to this 170K-mile car, so if there's something else that will get the job done, I'm interested. (I can't help but figure there are various things which, while not dealer-endorsed, are better than the ugly cocktail that's been sloshing around in there for the past few hundred miles.)

What - if anything - else have you've used in yours, and how did that work out for you?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I did this seal in mine last week. Used penrite LDAS full synthetic.
Its the right spec, but its one of the ones that smells nasty

·
Registered
167 Posts
I picked up some of the Prestone Euro at the auto parts store recently, was a little cheaper than the stuff from Germany. Same green color and all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I did this seal in mine last week. Used penrite LDAS full synthetic.
Its the right spec, but its one of the ones that smells nasty

I also use penrite LDAS and have so for three years with no dramas. Probably not readily available overseas or competitively priced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts