SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the forum for this answer! Neither one of my power seats are working -- they did a couple of weeks ago. I have checked the fuses and they are fine. I have looked for the relays under the seats but don't seem to understand what I am looking for, but everything looks connected.

Please help :)

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
This is a view looking under the driver seat from the front. On my car, the relay is the green cube you can just see - I circled it in the pic. You can just reach it with your fingers. It unplugs from the socket toward the back of the seat.

Working from the back might be easier, not sure because I never had to do any more than reseat it. For some reason, it seems there is another socket next to it, not sure why, empty on my car. One needs to be careful to get it back into the correct one.

I also have a wire harness that sometimes comes loose, under the passenger seat. Good luck.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Sorry about jacking the thread but i also have a similar problem with my seats, except only the forward and backward motion on the passenger side does not work. Everything else does, along with all 8 directions on the drivers side seat. I find it odd that only 2 directions would stop working on the passenger side. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a master that controls both seats?

I have read through the forum and it seems like there is a master that controls both seats and then each seat has an individual one also. I have found the individual ones and have reseated them, but still nothing -- please help :)

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
I am not aware of a third relay on my car, but I will take a quick look later today. I believe the relays may be wired in such a way that if the driver side fails, both seats are disabled. If the passenger side fails, only that side is disabled.

Some people have diagnosed that by swapping the relays, but I never needed to go that far. If you take the driver side relay out and to a part store, you should be able to get a new one for $10-20, but just as likely, it may be a loose wire or connector.

Unfortunately the electrical system on this car was not designed to last. The connectors are good quality, but the plastic gets fragile after a few years and the latches snap off. The electrical tape on the wires does not last more than 6-8 years, then the wires can get loose, catch on something, and break or short.

The seats have three electric motors each (I think). If a motor fails, or the wiring to the motor fails, then one axis of motion stops working. The switches that control the seats can get dirty and stop working also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts