SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IS THE SAAB 93 VECTOR TURBO CONVERTABLE 2004 FACTORY FITTED ALARM LINKED TO THE POWER ROOF?. IVE JUST HAD A GSM ALARM FITTED BY AN ALARM COMPANY AND THEY DISABLED THE ORIGINAL ALARM, NOW THE POWER ROOF WONT WORK.........:roll:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I'm going to ask what might be a stupid question but why did you get an aftermarket alarm installed? The factory install is thatcham Cat1 so meets all insurance requirements and with the key / CIM integration theft of these cars pretty much requires a flatbed or the key.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alarm

Hi There,
Well I Wanted A Tracker Unit On It, When I Spoke To The Alarm Company,they Basically Ended Up Selling Me This Alarm, I Have Had The Company Out To This Alarm 6 Times In 2 Weeks, And Only Yesterday I Have Found That The Electric Roof Will Not Work, They Have Told Me That Some Gizmo In The Saab May Be Affected And Will Prob Require Resetting.im Taking The Car Into The Saab Dealer Tomorrow At The Alarm Companys Expence. The Alarm Company Have Said That One Of Their Engineers Has Wired The Boot And Bonnet Switches Of The Saab To The New Alarm, Therfore Confusing The Gizmo.the Unit Was Called Something With 3 Or 4 Letters In It????????

Just Wondered If Thats What The Problem Is.......

Help

Phil

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
PHIL_UK said:
Hi There,
Well I Wanted A Tracker Unit On It,
but a tracker is a separate unit to an alarm why did they not just add a tracker to the existing alarm system i would imagine they could have done that such that if the alarm siren sounded the tracker could activate alarms immobilisers and trackers are three independant units and the alarm and immobiliser in the 93ss is highly integrated into the whole electronics and engine management that is also why so few have remote start good luck with this

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

THANKS FOR THE INFO, SAAB DEALERS HAVE BEEN ON PHONE AND FOUND THAT THE ELECTRIC HOODS FUSE HAD BLOWN, I BELEIVE IT IS SITUATED UNDER THE SEAT. ANYWAY ALARM COMPANY HAS BEEN WORKING ON IT AT THE DEALERS AND ALL SEEMS OK....UPTO NOW, THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

PS
YOU DONT KNOW WHERE I CAN PICK UP AN UDATED DVD ROM FOR THE SAT NAV, LOOKS LIKE AN OLD VERSION IS FITTED, I PRESUME ITS NAVTEQ, THEIR WEB SITE DOESNT LIST SAAB........D'OH!

PHIL
:roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts