SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have noticed that over the past few days i have been slowly losing power...engine sounds great but boost seems to be down 1-2 PSI but that doesnt seem to be the problem...is there anything i should look into since i am 78500 miles...car starts fine but every morning there is white smoke during start up for a few seconds...i dont wanna sound crazy but maybe i forgot to something maintenance wise...just wanna make sure...i made a video to show you guys but it doesnt really prove nothing...mods are few-3" dual exhaust all the way from the first flex and an k&n intake...sorry if i seem tobe wasting your time...
http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/jeri22-89/?action=view&current=Video002.flv

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
now only boosting at 2 psi max

·
Registered
199 Posts
White smoke is just condensation in the exhaust, its especially prevalent if you park outside overnight,

Blue/black smoke from the exhaut signals busted seals, generally pointing at a turbo.

What are the other characteristics of the engine? Does it sputter, or is it merely not boosting? Have you got a CEL? Theres a whole bunch of reasons why the T7 will pull boost from the engine...

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Has the wastegate rod detached itself?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there is a slight hesitation when you first tap the accelerator...only in neutral because you cant feel it when im in gear...there is no cel and under my normal driving it drives alright for the most part...the sensitivity on the accel. pedal always changes...there is no cel and the car does take a few extra cranks to start up in the morning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts