SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
power driver seat problem and rear speaker removal

first off, i believe i left the top down and some rain came down and possibly fowled up something on the drivers power seat; because now it doesnt move and before water got in it was fine.

secondly, the rear speakers are screwed in a strange way with the screw heads facing towards the car, which means the access points for them (phillips head i assume) is not accessible from just taking off the clotch covering. how can i get them off

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
does anyone know?

·
Registered
65 Posts
the speakers are mounted on a bracket. it is the bracket you are to unscrew. not the speaker (in first hand, anyway) if I recall correctly; its is two torx-screws on the upperside of the speaker, the lower side is just hinged on the chassis.

have no idea how powerseats work. if it was wetted with clean rain I would probably try to dry it. place the car in the sun with windows half way open during a day or two. clean water doesnt do much harm if dried at once, and not given time to corrode

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bsg said:
the speakers are mounted on a bracket. it is the bracket you are to unscrew. not the speaker (in first hand, anyway) if I recall correctly; its is two torx-screws on the upperside of the speaker, the lower side is just hinged on the chassis.

have no idea how powerseats work. if it was wetted with clean rain I would probably try to dry it. place the car in the sun with windows half way open during a day or two. clean water doesnt do much harm if dried at once, and not given time to corrode
how do i gain access to this bracket, im almost positive id have to take off the inner door panel-but dont know how even though ive tried.

the power door though...i took out the fuse for it, then put it back in and the seat worked again but not as it should. if you move it in a direction it moves and stops and moves and stops. like: move.....move....move, and i cant program settings. the seat on the right works fine.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bsg said:
you have to take off the inner doorpanel, the speaker-grille is a part of the panel, and cant be taken off (from the outside, anyway)
there is a good page with pictures here: http://particlesalad.com/saab/
thanks a bunch.

does anyone know what the deal is with my seats?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does anyone know?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does anyone know why my seat doesnt work properly, or how to fix it?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
vertiblechickmag said:
does anyone know why my seat doesnt work properly, or how to fix it?
Check the fuse first.

Use some electrical contact cleaner and see if you spray into and around the switches. You may have to remove the seat to access it properly. Fortunately, removing the seat is relatively easy on this car and especially on a convertible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts