SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned off the car and im sitting there and I hear what sounds like the power door locks clicking. The fuse has been blown for more than a year and I never replaced the fuse because they just kept burning out. Well I have been tooling around with my car for the last couple of days trying to get it to run better. I finally did but I have been going through alot of stuff. I was fidling with the throtle cable and throtle position sensor because I wasnt returning to idle and there was too much slack in the cable. I was trying my old injectors. Trying to read the oxygen sensor with my multimeter. I adjusted the shift linkage and put in a new shift rod because my old was was worn out. When I rolled the front of my car up on the stands I heard a buzzing noise under my seat. I thought I had manual seats but there is some sort of plastic pack near the right rear screw holding the drivers seat in place. What the hell is that. Never heard it before....

Is it a short or a bad ground? Where should I check first? ... I need to get this sorted out tonight because I start a new job very early tomorrow morning and I dont want to be late because of some electrical issue or a dead battery

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
If you have a D-ring that you pull on to slide the seat forward and backward, you have manual seats.

Possible that the box is a part of the passive seat belt system? Seems to be a bit of a stretch, but you never know.

As far as the locks go, trace all of the lines. Here's the schematic.

http://saabpics.org:3000/gallery/album193

Edit: To quickly disable the central locking, pull the central lokcing controller under the knee bolster/dash area. The pics on the above site will help.

·
Banned
637 Posts
To quickly disable the Central locking: Simply Unplug the 3 wire connector on the other side of the Driver's door Hinge panel..(Open the Hood) IF.. you've then still got lock Clicking then there really are 'issues' with yer Electricals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts