SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm bringing my 9-3 in tomorrow for brakes pads replacement in the rear and figure while its there maybe they can program the power locks. Can they change the locks to lock when the car starts? or like my Jetta when you start to move. Right now the locks stay unlocked, unless u press the button. I dont like that because my wife drives the car most of the time and we dont live in the best of nieghborhoods.
Also I noticed the thread about DRL, I'll ask if they can turn them off also.

Thaks
east

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
yes you can have the speed dependant locking(similar to your vdub), also suggest combining that with the key removal unlocking option. this should be free.

·
Registered
248 Posts
How about auto-up windows? And not having to hit the hatch button on the combi - can I have the hatch unlock with the front doors?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
well I drive an ss, so I dont know anything about the sc. you should already have auto up windows(one-touch), at least in the front. no one-touch option available for the rear.

·
Registered
588 Posts
awjones said:
well I drive an ss, so I dont know anything about the sc. you should already have auto up windows(one-touch), at least in the front. no one-touch option available for the rear.
Wait, mine don't auto up - Not even the front.

Also, only driver auto's down, nothing else. This is wrong, correct?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
your front windows should one touch auto-up. call the dealer, there is a way to re-enable this from inside the car, he/she can walk you through the process(no worries, its easy).

·
Registered
402 Posts
Something strange going on here.

All 4 doors have express down feature on windows yet specs say only front doors should have it. Did the calibration bit in the manual for express up but to no avail. Will have to see dealer.
Re question about SC hatch locking.There are various TechII options to have hatch unlock with other doors,unlock and open with other doors and act by itself(hatch only unlocks and opens by using button on door or button on remote)

·
Registered
759 Posts
joemama said:
Wait, mine don't auto up - Not even the front.

Also, only driver auto's down, nothing else. This is wrong, correct?
Only cars with Comfort Close feature will have auto-up.

Thats only Aero's and 2.0T's with the premium package. 60th anniversary modles did NOT get this feature, only auto down.

Converting to comfort close is in the thousands b/c it uses different window motors and electrics.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nickshu;

So,if i'm reading you correctly,the 9-3 2.0T gets auto -down front windows as standard but with the 60th Ann package this is extended to include the rear windows as well:but no auto-up on any window. Since that is what I have,you've saved me a trip to the dealer.;)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hugh said:
Nickshu;

So,if i'm reading you correctly,the 9-3 2.0T gets auto -down front windows as standard but with the 60th Ann package this is extended to include the rear windows as well:but no auto-up on any window. Since that is what I have,you've saved me a trip to the dealer.;)
Yes, that's correct. Only Aero and 2.0T premium pkg has auto up. You must have comfort close window motors and control units to get auto up....the stock 2.0T and the 60th anniv edition did not get this. These models only have auto-down.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Nickshu said:
Yes, that's correct. Only Aero and 2.0T premium pkg has auto up. You must have comfort close window motors and control units to get auto up....the stock 2.0T and the 60th anniv edition did not get this. These models only have auto-down.

The 60th anniv. does have the premium package though. I feel slighted if Saab didn't put then in the 60th. WTheck?!?!?

·
Registered
759 Posts
joemama said:
The 60th anniv. does have the premium package though. I feel slighted if Saab didn't put then in the 60th. WTheck?!?!?

No it really doesn't. It's kind of a special custom package. The true premium pkg included several items that the 60th Anniv was not sold with, like Comfort close and Xenon headlights, 3-position memory on the front power seats and mirrors, and other little things that are standard on the Aero.

This is off the Saab website:
60th Anniversary Edition: Front and rear alloy wheels with 17 inch rim diam; Sports driver seat , sports reclining electrically adjustable passenger seat with fore/aft adjustment, height adjustment, lumbar adjustment, four adjustments and tilt adjustment; Saab Embossed Blk Seats w/Gray Inserts; Metallic paint; Front fog lights, dark wood interior trim, and premium 300-watt 10 speaker audio system with subwoofer.

Premium Package: Bucket reclining electrically adjustable passenger seat with fore/aft adjustment, height adjustment, lumbar adjustment, four adjustments and tilt adjustment; Projector beam lens Xenon bulb headlights; Front fog lights; Red Walnut Interior Trim; Memorized adjustment with three settings on door mirror position with four driver's seat positions; Parking distance sensors rear and radar; Windshield wipers with automatic intermittent wipe and rain sensor; Excludes: [PCL] 60th Anniversary Package.

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
Nickshu said:
No it really doesn't. It's kind of a special custom package. The true premium pkg included several items that the 60th Anniv was not sold with, like Comfort close and Xenon headlights, 3-position memory on the front power seats and mirrors, and other little things that are standard on the Aero.

This is off the Saab website:
60th Anniversary Edition: Front and rear alloy wheels with 17 inch rim diam; Sports driver seat , sports reclining electrically adjustable passenger seat with fore/aft adjustment, height adjustment, lumbar adjustment, four adjustments and tilt adjustment; Saab Embossed Blk Seats w/Gray Inserts; Metallic paint; Front fog lights.

Premium Package: Bucket reclining electrically adjustable passenger seat with fore/aft adjustment, height adjustment, lumbar adjustment, four adjustments and tilt adjustment; Projector beam lens Xenon bulb headlights; Front fog lights; Red Walnut Interior Trim; Memorized adjustment with three settings on door mirror position with four driver's seat positions; Parking distance sensors rear and radar; Windshield wipers with automatic intermittent wipe and rain sensor; Excludes: [PCL] 60th Anniversary Package.
This is a bit different than what I have in the FAQ. No wood trim in 60th package? No premium audio?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Diggs said:
This is a bit different than what I have in the FAQ. No wood trim in 60th package? No premium audio?
It does have the wood trim - I think it's darker than normal. I never liked the wood, but it looks good.

It does have the premium Bose audio too.

·
Registered
759 Posts
joemama said:
It does have the wood trim - I think it's darker than normal. I never liked the wood, but it looks good.

It does have the premium Bose audio too.
Yes also included in the 60th anniv edition was the dark wood trim. The stereo is not the 8-speaker Blows (oh sorry I mean Bose), it's the 10 speaker "300" series with the subwoofer. The stock 9-3's got the "150" series radio with ??8?? speakers I think and no subwoofer. I think the Bose system does not include a subwoofer either. Not sure.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nickshu;

The specs for the 60th Ann Edition in Canada originally referred to the audio as 'Premium' but later changed to 'Prestige' to come in line with the nomenclature used to describe audio systems in base model specs.

I know we got sunroof included in Canada but you didn't; but did you not get the black floor mats with grey piping ?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hugh said:
Nickshu;

The specs for the 60th Ann Edition in Canada originally referred to the audio as 'Premium' but later changed to 'Prestige' to come in line with the nomenclature used to describe audio systems in base model specs.

I know we got sunroof included in Canada but you didn't; but did you not get the black floor mats with grey piping ?
Not to be a braggart, but my 07 SC has the sunroof included. This is what really sealed the deal for me. Also have the 4 black floor mats with the piping. Dealer threw in 2 nice load bars to sweeten the deal.

Can anyone tell me if the auto down is used in the same manner as my driver's side window? I had no idea this was possible.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hugh said:
Nickshu;

No, I paid $1200 for my sunroof over the 60th anniv package.

The floormats I got with my 07 were a total embarassment to Saab. Thin, cheap, and didn't even have any rubber nubs on the bottom....they slid all over in the back seats. Those mats probably cost about $10. I replaced them with the Saab rubber mats for the winter and the allweather mats for the summer for about $150. Much better. I threw the original mats in the trash about 5 days after I got my car :roll:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got the car back, did a good job putting on the brake pads. they programed the locks to "lock all doors" when you start moving. and unlock drivers door with key removal.
THEY WOULD NOT, but could change the power windows to AUTO UP. the service mgr said its a safety thing and most cars today dont have the power up anymore. He also wouldnt disarm the Daylight Run. lights.. They could but wont. what are you going to do.. cant make the guy. i wish I could take the tech II thing and do it myself.

later

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Nickshu said:
...total embarassment to Saab. Thin, cheap....probably cost about $10
hehe...just edited your post to describe the center console in the 93. sorry I couldnt resist:cheesy:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts