SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to replace my power antenna. Looks like I need to remove the 6 cd player to get to the mounting screws at the bottom of the brackett. My Haynes manual is no help. Anyone have any advice / links on this?
Thanks.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
You're sure you need to remove the CD Changer? I removed mine but I don't remember removing the Changer for that. Mind you, I have the hatchback not the vert but I don't think they're that diffrent :confused:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the cd player is in the way. I can't even see the screws to take it out. I pulled down the tough gray trunk liner as much as I could, but the cd unit is blocking. Any help out there?:confused:
Thanx

hkayssi said:
You're sure you need to remove the CD Changer? I removed mine but I don't remember removing the Changer for that. Mind you, I have the hatchback not the vert but I don't think they're that diffrent :confused:

·
Registered
556 Posts
The cable to the player passes through a hole in the gray liner. If you remove the plug from the player (don't force it or you will break it like I did - there is something to push in on the plug to release it I think) you can feed the cable back through the liner as you lift the liner away from the corner of the trunk. This will expose the feet on the player which is held in place to the floor of the trunk with 4 sheet metal screws.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts