SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me crazy but I can't fit the brass base of my new power antenna mast into the threaded brass housing that is attached to the car. I can get the silver antenna sheath to fit into the threaded brass housing, but I can't fit the very base of the antenna (the part with the brass circle around) to fit in the sheath.

What am I missing here?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I only vaguely recall what you're taking about as I've not done many of these.

Is it possible the original sheath is still inside the housing so you're trying to fit two at the same time? I've seen that happen before.

A picture of this problem might not be a bad idea.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I think Emmett may be right here. There is not meant to be a brass housing attached to the car when the assembly is removed. It may still be in there from the old antenna.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think Emmett may be right here. There is not meant to be a brass housing attached to the car when the assembly is removed. It may still be in there from the old antenna.

I definitely removed the old sheath, and even tried reusing that one. I just can't get the very base of the antenna (where the brass collar circles the bottom) to fit back in there.

the brass housing I'm talking about on the car is the threaded brass part that the plastic cover and bolt thread onto.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
tried it again this morning and got it to fit. You really need to jam the base of the antenna into the mount as the clearance is so small. I actually needed to stand on the back bumper and press with my weight to get it in there.

Now the new antenna is not going down all the way, stopping at the same place as the old one....

Tried pulling it out again and making sure all the teeth were threaded in the housing before mounting, still won't go down all the way.

Can I just replace this damn thing with a whip antenna?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.