SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle has a Tahoe that he seems to think has had the same problem my 05 97x is having currently. He's replaced the tie rod twice in his 2001 Tahoe, and from my description, thinks it's the same thing.

When going very slow, the wheels almost lock up. It feels as though the parking brake is engaged. And pulling into and out of parking spaces is a challenge. The wheels squeal and pull.

I'm having concerns that it might actually be the AWD system though.

Anyone else ever have a similar issue?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Two possibilities, both common to the GMT 360 platform. If it's stuttering/hopping at low speeds, it's likely a bad encoder. More here

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233409

If the rear wheels are locked, it's because your rear calipers are not disengaging. This is typically remedied by turning the vehicle off and on again. The EBM (brake module) has a badly designed ground on these things. There's a 16-guage (or maybe it's 12.. can't remember, but it's the only one there) wire bolted to the frame under the driver. Unbolt it, sand/clean the area it's bolted to, and re-attach.

If neither of those solves your issue, I'd recommend going over to trailvoy.com. Got all my 97x issues solved over there while I had it. ;ol;

1 - 2 of 2 Posts