SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've just bought a 1993 900 cse with 150000 miles on it . It is a family car as it has always been in my girls family. What should i be on the lookout for. Ihave alredy heard horror stories about transmission

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
saab_junkie, Saab doesn't make a 900 cse....... Is it auto/manual. Check old coolant lines for corrosion.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
He missed a 0, you didn't need to try and be funny. Everyone knows that there is no 900 cse so there was really no use in your post. Give him advice not smily faces.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
correction

the 9000 cse has an automatic trans.. coolant lines are good any advice to make it a daily driver? want to head off any major problems. i'm at your mercy be gentle

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
If its got full service history it'll be sound, although check all vacuum hoses as they usually start to crumble at that age and the dealers don't change them until they cause faults......more repair time for them, I suppose!

Oh, and welcome to SaabCentral!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Time well spent also removing every fuse, relay, connector, grounding strap you can find under the hood, spray with electronic contact cleaner, coat with dielectric grease, reassemble.

This prevents a world of weird electrical gremlins in any 12 yr old car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

i appreciate any and all advice you gave, Keep it coming! the passenger side mirror is broken and off the mount . Do i need to replace the whole thing or just the mirror?:lol:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Whatever works for you. My bet is it will be more difficult to find the mirror only. The entire assembly is more available and very affordable. Try Ebay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts