SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a member on this forum for over 7 years, though I rarely post. I would like to be able to post in the classifieds section and avoid having to make a bunch of junk posts.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too want to post an item for sale in the classifieds, but cannot as I get the error message...
"You must meet a minimum of 10 posts to submit threads in this section and send private messages."
Please advise. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
19,474 Posts
I too want to post an item for sale in the classifieds, but cannot as I get the error message...
"You must meet a minimum of 10 posts to submit threads in this section and send private messages."
Please advise. Thank you.

My Saabs: 2002 Saab 9-3 Convertible, Black/black

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
DaveHaze, you are aware you need to have 10 posts-count on SaabCentral to be allowed to post in the Classifieds ? This is a forum requirement measure to abate spam posts.

·
Super Moderator
19,474 Posts
He might have lost a few from spamming. :cool:

·
Administrator
1,102 Posts
When reaching the threshold, it will take up to an hour to get your permissions.

Spamming your last postings can get them removed. Ensure your posts are content filled.

- JB

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I have owned many wonderful Saabs since 1990 until just a year ago. Sadly, I have let my last ones go (1993 900 convertible and 2005 9.5 wagon with manual transmission).

I have a tan parade boot in excellent condition to sell. How can I post it?

Thanks, Rudy, Dana Point, Ca.

·
Super Moderator
11,182 Posts
Hi. I have owned many wonderful Saabs since 1990 until just a year ago. Sadly, I have let my last ones go (1993 900 convertible and 2005 9.5 wagon with manual transmission).

I have a tan parade boot in excellent condition to sell. How can I post it?

Thanks, Rudy, Dana Point, Ca.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Problem Pm'ing administrator

I am have some questions to the administrator. Can someone pm me? It is related to my account posting to the classified section. This site is a great way for people to connect with other Saab enthusiasts.

thank you

·
Super Moderator
11,182 Posts
Can someone help me with a password recovery for an account?

Thank You

Go to the forum Report Website Technical Issues. See the thread titled What to do if you need a password reset.

Or, go to the Site Announcements forum and see the thread titled Getting your password reset.

Or go the Lounge forum and see the sticky thread titled Getting your password reset.

Or, scroll down to the bottom of this page (this page you are on right now where you are reading this).
You will see a light blue bar across the page with these words in it:

Contact Us - SaabCentral Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

See here (look for the big red rectangle in the image immediately below):

After you have clicked the "Contact Us" button, draft an message that provides your old, original username and old, obsolete email address associated with it. Then provide your new username and new, current email address. The admins will take your new email and update your original account/username with that and merge your new account into the old account, with the old, original account being the surviving account.

·
Super Moderator
11,182 Posts
Is there a way for me to send a PM to a user with less than 10 posts?
No there is not. The 10 post minimum requirement was implemented as a means to help prevent spamming and scamming activity. It is imperfect, and it sometimes works a hardship on new members who are not scammers or bots, but it has been effective.

A good place to get your post count up is to go to the New Member Introductions forum and start a thread introducing yourself. Then open some recent threads created by new members and welcome them to SC. You should be able to get six more posts in that way very quickly. Then wait at least one hour for your new permissions to kick in and see if you can send a PM.

·
Administrator
1,102 Posts
As has been posted, you cannot post an item for sale until you have 10 posts. Your permissions will take up to an hour once you hit the threshold.

Speed or Fluff posts made trying to rush to 10 to sell an item will be deleted and have your classified thread removed. Abuse of this system will have action taken against your account.

You cannot bypass the requirements in any way as they are there to protect the community.

- JB

1 - 20 of 20 Posts