SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Hey, so now that I've created a gallery in the SC photo galleries, how do I post it in a thread? I don't see anywhere where there's any img or url tags, and I've been looking all day...

li Arc

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Sounds like you've only got basic controls set up. When you click reply there should be a row of formatting icons up above the text box. One of these is a small picture of a mountain. Click on it and it does IMG tags. The world icon is the URL one, the speech bubble is quote. Alternatively just type the things out and paste in the link, which is what I do anyway.

To change the formatting controls, go to the User CP link on the top left toolbar. Pick edit options. Scroll to the bottom and choose Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Controls. Next time you click a post all the controls will be there.

In the SC Galleries go to the picture you want. Click to get the right size. Right click and Copy Image Location. Back in your reply, click the img logo or type [img]. Paste in the Image Location. If you typed it close the img tags with a forward slash like .

I think that just about covers it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
What is the maximum .jpg count, embedded w/HTML, in a single post?

I'm doing my 1st how-to, and it appears to be 8... is that correct?

As an observation, I don't know why you'd limit linked image count in a single post, since the pics do not reside on SC server (eg: only in user's browser). Maybe to protect those w/out broadband?

Ok, thanks.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Matthew said:
Six images, including smilies.
Thanks Matthew.

NOTE: I tried to post a simple: "thanks", but recieved error msg:

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
Correction was a tossup between...
  • Thanks Matthew
  • Thanks!!!!
:lol:

·
Registered
491 Posts
I downloaded one of the programs and resized to 600x800? it was the recommended one and I think it only got bigger! What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
-Alex

·
Registered
63 Posts
Galleries

I posted a photo of my '91 Saab SE vert in the galleries section last week but, so far, it has not appeared. Is there any way to tell whether or not it was received?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Can't login to Saabcentral Galleries

Jezzadee said:
You can also use the Saab Central galleries: http://www.saabcentral.com/phpgallery/ .
Upload your image to the site using the Browse button method described above.
I tried to login to the SaabCentral galleries and it said "invalid username or password". Then I tried to have it send me my password, and it said "invalid user". Is there a fee to join?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Regarding the URL escape codes, what the the characters not supported by the forum?

It seems like every character one of the escape codes corresponds to is in the link I am trying to post...

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
stromer said:
Regarding the URL escape codes, what the the characters not supported by the forum?

It seems like every character one of the escape codes corresponds to is in the link I am trying to post...
I'm not entirely clear what an escape code is, so I don't know for sure. But one possibility might be that if we've had a spammer in the past using a certain domain, or someone who tried to use the forum as a free advertising service for their business, that that particular url could be blocked.

Imageshack, Flickr, Photobucket, Picasa and many other picture hosting sites work fine.

wokke said:
I tried to login to the SaabCentral galleries and it said "invalid username or password". Then I tried to have it send me my password, and it said "invalid user". Is there a fee to join?
No fee to join, so I don't know why it isn't working for you. We have had a problem lately with the Classifieds and it may be related to that. Try one of the free photo hosting sites I mentioned and see if that works.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Thanks for your response, Jezzadee. I'm trying to post from our Club's gallery: http://saabgallery.com/gallery/main.php. We have quite a few pictures up there so it certainly would be convenient to be able to directly post them.

I am curious and will look into whether its just one character in the URLs generated by Saab Gallery that is the problem. Like the example from your original post, I replaced the "&" with "%26" and the link still didn't work indicating there must be another conflict.

As nearly every one of the symbols that has its own escape codes appear in the Saab Gallery generated URLs, I was hoping somebody might know which one is at fault, rather than having to replace every one each time I attempt to post a pictures.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Testing, testing

I can link to it alright, but it won't post the image as it doesn't have a .jpg ending to the filename - probably because I can only access the thumbnail.

What happens when you try to post it - is it changing the url at all?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts

That is what happens if I do a right click and "copy image location," then past this into the "Insert Image" button above the reply box. Funny because as I initially insert the image it shows, but once I "submit," it switches just to the URL.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I think the picture is going to need an image extension filename such as .jpg like you get with Flickr or Photobucket:

[IMG ]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/JezzaD/Saab/IMG_0292.jpg[ /IMG]

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
OK.

I've just never had an issue with other forums.

Thanks for your help.

21 - 40 of 97 Posts