SaabCentral Forums banner

5021 - 5040 of 5076 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
My first Saab since the mid-80s when I had a 74 96 for a little while until the front suspension gave out on it.

The latest one is a 96 900S Convertible and as expected, the top doesn't work. Neither does the speedometer, so just the usual stuff it looks like. Has only 116K miles, came with a bunch of service records, paint is in great condition which is a bit of a surprise for a 20 year old Texas car. Clean interior, cold AC etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Rode 3 hours to Cleveland to pick up an apparently rare white '01 9-3 Manual Coupe with 123k miles. It needs some TLC here and there but pretty decent considering I only paid $1650.

Very nice I have always really wanted a white og93 looks sharp with the vig wheels so now what are you going to do to her first ? An as much as everyone is like put leather seats in in the winter an summer time you will be the only one laughing

·
Registered
101 Posts
Very nice I have always really wanted a white og93 looks sharp with the vig wheels so now what are you going to do to her first ? An as much as everyone is like put leather seats in in the winter an summer time you will be the only one laughing
I have leather seats in my '95 Convertible. Time has not been kind to it. My first order of business is to fix the Manual Climate Control since the air distribution isn't working (found that out trying to switch on defrost). Fixing the rust is next and afterwards, I'll start putting on mods such as intake, exhaust, turbo, and tune.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Been a while! This was once a base spec "S" with cloth seats and SE bumpers, now an Aero clone @ stage 3.

The front bumper needs repairing and doesn't seem to fit too well – sits a bit too low for the lights and the grille. Not sure if it's bent or what but I re-used the bar from my original bumper, so I know it's not the bar.

·
Registered
375 Posts
its been awhile but i still lurk on here every now and then. the saab is looking pretty lonely these days and hasn't been on the road in 2 years now. this might be the summer she returns. time will tell;ol;

·
Registered
897 Posts
I have been quiet on here, about a year ago I sold my 1998 Saab 900s which I owned for 6 years, was very difficult to let go but it was time. I have been desperate to get into another Saab since then and this month I ended up getting a 2000 9-3 Viggen for a pretty good price.

It's 5Dr, black on black, and it came with a 22mm ARB and a GS steering rack brace already installed. It's so much faster and more fun than my 2.3 NA, I giggle every time I drive it even down the street. Feels good to be back!

·
Registered
195 Posts
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/35171613750/in/dateposted-public/

My work in progress, a 99 93. Bought it in fall 2015, it was in an accident, only 91k miles. Spent months doing repairs myself, then brought it to a shop for body work and mechanical work. It was there for nearly a year. They needed to chop the front clip off of a junkyard car to repair the front end damage on my car. Finally got it back. Now it's stage 3 with a 3 inch GS exhaust, CAI, forge DV, 308mm front brake upgrade, and I have koni shocks and vogtland springs waiting to go on. Still has a bunch of small issues, and needs some more important parts, but I needed to make it go fast first lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been quiet on here, about a year ago I sold my 1998 Saab 900s which I owned for 6 years, was very difficult to let go but it was time. I have been desperate to get into another Saab since then and this month I ended up getting a 2000 9-3 Viggen for a pretty good price.

It's 5Dr, black on black, and it came with a 22mm ARB and a GS steering rack brace already installed. It's so much faster and more fun than my 2.3 NA, I giggle every time I drive it even down the street. Feels good to be back!

Looks very clean. Nice.

5021 - 5040 of 5076 Posts