SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently joined this forum and tried to start a thread (which was also my first post), and I got the message that a mod had to approve my thread/post before it would show up.

I'm fine with that, but generally how long does this take? I think I posted around this time yesterday, so 24hrs and still nothing?

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
Unfortunately, it takes as long as it takes ... it requires a mod to see it (there is no notification sent to us to let us know such a post exists).

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
By any chance do you have a link to an external site in your post? I noticed every time I made a post with an external link I would get that message, a link to another thread though had no problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By any chance do you have a link to an external site in your post? I noticed every time I made a post with an external link I would get that message, a link to another thread though had no problem.
Yes, actually it did.

I embedded a pic in the post, but I also posted a link to another pic (instead of embedding it) to the host site.

When you saw that message appear for your posts, did they eventually appear? Or did you just try reposting?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I tried reposting with no luck, still don't see the posts but it doesn't matter because I eventually reposted without the external link and it worked fine. If you really need the link then you will probably have to ask a moderator. I'm not sure how they go about it but maybe SaabScott can tell you.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Your initial thread has now been approved, this process is due to the antispamming measures inplace on this site, and generally affect a new members first 10 posts.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Unfortunately, it takes as long as it takes ... it requires a mod to see it (there is no notification sent to us to let us know such a post exists).
was this a new implemented rule? didn't have this issue with my first few posts, but getting the approval rule lately.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
was this a new implemented rule? didn't have this issue with my first few posts, but getting the approval rule lately.
No, not new, has been inforce for at least a year now, maybe longer.
Generally it picks up on key words or phrases often used in spam, or links to external sites, so not every post is put into the moderation queue, only those the software feels share the same characteristics as spam.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Woops,

I thought something got broken along the way so I re-posted the same thread today. Sorry :p

If a mod happens to see my posts please delete the first one if you can. The second post I made today contains much more content then the first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts