SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today i got bored and figured i would install the boost gauge, so i went to Canadian tire bought some vacuum line 5/32 witch is 4mm , when i was tapping into the T and removed the vacuum line that was on the car i noticed it was worn and falling apart so i replaced the 3 i seen that were ****! , when i took it for a spin it only reads 1st gear 7psi 2nd 7-8psi, did i hook something up wrong or are the other lines done as well here are the pics of the install let me know what you think?? also when i took down the kick plate i found some little pieces of plastic (pics) and i have some black stuff out the exhaust when you rev it up abit (pic)

boost gauge when cars off

boost gauge when cars on

Vacuum lines

Things that i found after kick plate drop

Black **** after rev

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
boost is limited by the ECU in 1st and 2nd... you need to do a hard pull at full throttle in 3rd or 4th and see how the boost looks.

also, if you are replacing vac line it's well worth the extra few pennies to do it with silicone

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
boost is limited by the ECU in 1st and 2nd... you need to do a hard pull at full throttle in 3rd or 4th and see how the boost looks.

also, if you are replacing vac line it's well worth the extra few pennies to do it with silicone
ok thank you ill look into silicone :) they are pretty straight froward to replace

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i replace all intake vacuum lines (looking into silicone lines for every vacuum line) i took her out for a spin after all the lines were don and 1st - 2nd are around 8psi 3rd - 4th are 16-17psi Cant wait for my pillar to be done :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Typical vac is 18-20 inHg at idle. Mine will hit 24 inHg or so when I am coasting. If you have anything less than 18 inHg when at idle, that is when to start looking for leaks. Makes having a gauge that shows vac and boost a useful diagnostic tool.

Silicone tubing is definitely worth the extra cost. It also looks like you probably need to replace your blend door flap.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Typical vac is 18-20 inHg at idle. Mine will hit 24 inHg or so when I am coasting. If you have anything less than 18 inHg when at idle, that is when to start looking for leaks. Makes having a gauge that shows vac and boost a useful diagnostic tool.

Silicone tubing is definitely worth the extra cost. It also looks like you probably need to replace your blend door flap.
It sittings at 20 inHg at idle and 22-23ish inHg when coasting so im guessing there inst a boost leak :) and im ordering silicone lines asap would i get the 4mm with 2.5mm wall http://www.boostcontroller.com/index.php?category=8

1 - 7 of 7 Posts