SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 93 linear. One day coming off a stop sign, as I shifted into second (was just driving normally) the engine started to bog suddenly and blowing white smoke. engine was idling very rough and was very difficult to start. I had flashing CEL and a cylinder 1 misfire code and 3 pending codes for cylinder 1-3 injector circuits. i think that the ecm must've gone haywire and keep the #1 injector open and dumped gas into the exhaust hence the white smoke. I'm thinking i might need a new ecm or maybe its just a wiring/fuse issue. any ideas?

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
Excess fuel will generally cause black smoke, not white smoke. White smoke is typically coolant. Pull the plugs and see if there is gasoline or coolant on them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excess fuel will generally cause black smoke, not white smoke. White smoke is typically coolant. Pull the plugs and see if there is gasoline or coolant on them.
I pulled the plugs and the cylinder one plug smelled off gas and was wet. I found a video and it exactly described my issue with the same codes and I'm going to send my ecm to a company to repair it.

·
Super Moderator
9,813 Posts
Replace ur ECU with a good one from a junkyard, dont waste ur money on repair companies.
Yep, replace with used and buy an isolation kit while you're at it. Make sure you buy from reputable source with a good return policy in case it's DOA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts