SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was bleeding the clutch today, I saw the top end of the flexible session in the clutch line was being held by two clamps. I do not know if the wetness in it is old or new though.

How bad do you think it is? Would it leak air in?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Is your clutch losing pressure? That patchup job can't be helping -- hose clamps can't cope with hydraulic pressure. The join is bound to let you down one day, big time. I've fixed a clutch line by cutting the old flexible join out and putting in a new one using flexible line and fittings from a hydraulics supplier.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The honest answer is I do not know. As of now I still am yet to drive the car for the very first time. And, honestly I really would like to see it stop being a car and start becoming an automobile.

But, I am concerned about it.

I wonder if the 92 900S that sits in the local yard could be a good donor for the said line...

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
supremedalek said:
I wonder if the 92 900S that sits in the local yard could be a good donor for the said line...
If there's one handy get it. The way it is just now, it's bound to give up the ghost, and using Sod's Law, at the most inopportune time.

·
Registered
888 Posts
You need a clutch hose. I got mine from the parts bin. Do a google search for "oem saab parts" I have done business with both "the parts bin" and "alloemsaabparts" with good results. This hose is a patched together time bomb, it will explode when you push the clutch pedal I cannot believe it has held as long as it has.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: right now the pedal feels like the one off my 94 Jetta. But, I started the engien and try to get to any gear and could not. With the engine off I can get to R and 1-4 (but not 5; may need to adjust the shifter), but with the engine on, I could not find anybody. I mean, not even that touching the synchros awful sound.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I can't belive someone tried that. Perhaps that leaky line was the straw that broke the broke the previous owners back, I hope the rest of the car was not as well cared for.:roll: I would not use a junkyard replacement unless it looked like it was replaced very recently.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We ended up using the junkyard line as reference and made a line:

Only difference is that instead of rubber line for the flexible session we used stainless steel braided line (with PVC coating over it). If I have time I will replace the old one in my car with the braided one tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I just did want a solution that I could put in the car and think, "ok, I will not have to worry about this bloke ever again." The only thing that that took time was to figure out which colour to use for the pvc coating. We had red, green, blue, clear, and black. I chose black because I wanted it to look like, at a first glance, a rubber line. :cheesy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts