SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 99 9-3 Low pressure 2.0 and have a quick question for everyone. I have heard that when the Direct ignition cassette goes that the car will just stop running, which is sort of what happened to me today. I was driving 65 on the freeway, I went into the fast lane and tried to pass people but when I gave it gas the engine shuttered and would not accelerate, the RPMs would not go up, the turbo would not boost... I found myself coasting on the side of i-5 and had to get it towed home:x. My car has about 132k on it and it might be the original DI (bad I know). Could anybody relate to my experience, or have any idea of whats going on? It will start and run terribly rough, had some roughness at low RPMs before all this also... might have been good warning signs.
Thanks for your time
flint

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
With 132K, I would renew the fuel pump, the CPS and the DIC.

At the dealer $2 grand... or so..
This largely explains the poor resale value:cry:
DIY $600 ...or so

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I sing the blues about it's poor resale value... thats actually what is killing me the most right now. I've been trying to sell it for ($5300obo) about a month in order to buy a 99 9-5 Se 2.3 and I just haven't been able to move it. I've sank a lot of money into repairs on it and I love it but I really want that 9-5 like none other. I'm going to check the DIC today in a few minutes. I'll avoid dealers at ALL COSTS! I tried to get McCann Saab in Tacoma to do some citylight programming and they were totally clueless... mainly they deal with all GM (euroamerican saabs included).

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
If it were the fuel pump it would be a bit early, but not unheard of. The discription sounds like my fuel pump adventure. Go to pass, car shutters, and died shorty after.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts