SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Possessed Turn Signal and High Beams 2006 9-3

Hi all! I just bought a 2006 9-3 for my daughter and am working through a few issues.

Issue with the turn signal: the left turn signal will occasionally decide to flash (all marker lights plus dash indicator) while driving.

Issue with high beams: I am assuming the lever should make a click and the beams should either be low or high? I get no click and the high only works while I am holding the lever. (I understand the switch and this is with the switch in any position)

So - based on some online research, I was at first thinking of just replacing the leaver/switch. This looks simple enough - push a small screwdriver into the hole to release the tab and pull the lever/switch out.

But - then I saw where I may need to take the steering wheel off and replace the whole part for both the turn signal lever and also the wiper lever.

Any ideas? Can I provide any more info to help diagnose?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I was hoping to get away with this(although not correct year):

Saab 9-3 9-5 Turn Signal Switch w/ Cruise Control Genuine 5354147

Since I am new, I cannot post links. Sigh... But you can look it up if you want using the above ebay item.

But you are saying not. Do you have any pics of the part I am looking for? I've tried chasing the link, but not finding what I need. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
So I was hoping to get away with this(although not correct year):

Saab 9-3 9-5 Turn Signal Switch w/ Cruise Control Genuine 5354147

Since I am new, I cannot post links. Sigh... But you can look it up if you want using the above ebay item.

But you are saying not. Do you have any pics of the part I am looking for? I've tried chasing the link, but not finding what I need. Thanks!

Nope...thats definately not what you need.
You require the switch packs that the stalk pushes into and the switch packs reside inside the CIM module which lives under the airbag.
If you follow the links above and do some searching on here more info re CIM removal etc will be found (try youtube there are some good help there)

Switch pack wipers looks like this
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAAB-9-3...m443e2f0d60:g:fpAAAOSwPEtc36lm&frcectupt=true
CIM housing including both switch packs
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAAB-9-3...m443e39221c:g:k~gAAOSw8BRc5Bcv&frcectupt=true

The switch packs were never made available as a spare Saab originally preferred the customer to pony up for a complete CIM module which is very expensive new.
Savvy sellers buy complete modules and then sell them as parts new so you will see a few on Ebay etc.
Or buy a used complete module and roll the dice....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts