SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i found a saab i really want. i needa sell my Porsche.
want it gone asap. need the money.
its a 84 Porsche 944.
its been all rebuilt. rwd its a 2.5 4 cyl wit a 5 speed. clutch is good. runs and drives great. handles amazing. is very quick and pull in all gears. enough power to show off a bit as well. it isnt registerd at the moment but i start and drive it around my block every few days to keep it in good shape. the biggest and not very big problem is the odometer gear broke. it is a common problem for these cars but it happend just recently and the true miles on the car are no more than 73k. the only things it needs are a head unit but it has all new speakers thru out the ebrake cable adjusted and a new sunroof motor which shouldnt b too expensive. other than this as u can see the car is in near mint shape. absolutely no rust at all. all new exhaust new tires and other small misc parts.
shoot me a txt 203`640`5081

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bumpp.
cmon guys .. i need to get rid of this asap. i found a reall nice saab vector i wanna pick up and i need the money.

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
Please stop bumping. It is against the rules. Consider looking into some Porsche forums. Good luck.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
To be real, the car has some issues and really trying to get "market" is going to be rough, IMHO:

- The thing does not have stock paint and what you think is cool is a big ?

- Fix the things wrong with it if they are that easy as you state., like the brake at least and get it so it will pass inspection.

Is it a turbo? No, and that is the one old guys like me want. I made the same mistake "tricking out" an old Vette a long time ago. The fact it had 15 coats of clear, hand rubbed over a custom color and "427" scoop cost me dearly. Once you personalize it you limit the market. Finally a kid thought my car was wicked looking .... but 100 old guys with cash took one look and walked away.

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To be real, the car has some issues and really trying to get "market" is going to be rough, IMHO:

- The thing does not have stock paint and what you think is cool is a big ?

- Fix the things wrong with it if they are that easy as you state., like the brake at least and get it so it will pass inspection.

Is it a turbo? No, and that is the one old guys like me want. I made the same mistake "tricking out" an old Vette a long time ago. The fact it had 15 coats of clear, hand rubbed over a custom color and "427" scoop cost me dearly. Once you personalize it you limit the market. Finally a kid thought my car was wicked looking .... but 100 old guys with cash took one look and walked away.
the paint that is on the car now is the way that i had got the car. so its not the fact that i think its cool its what the owner before me thought would look good i guess. and the only reason why i havent fixed the problems are because i do not drive this car daily and i do not have any extra money to do so. hence why i want to sell it so i can get the money to fix my daily which is more important at the moment because im driving on bad hubs and wheel bearings that could shatter at any given moment they are so bad. and although i do like the Porsche i would much rather have another saab because its just a way cooler car to me and i want to rub it back in everyones face that always are giving me **** for driving a saab.
also that 1200 comment was obnoxious because i think im being very real. yea i know the car has a few small flaws but is closer to mint shape than anything else. and i could b flexible a small amout but ive already lowered my asking price down to this point. ive seen cars equal to this and even in worse shape try and sell for more.

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no hits yet.. the price can be negotiated to a point. jus looking to get rid of it for some money to put towards another saab..

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Hey if you guys don't like the price then don't reply.

Let the guy try and sell his car and not ruin his sale post.

Good luck with the sale OP.

·
Registered
830 Posts
no hits yet.. the price can be negotiated to a point. jus looking to get rid of it for some money to put towards another saab..
Being in good shape alone does not make a car valuable. I drive a damn near mint 900s. Everything works, it's better tha 90% of c900's out there. Still, to most it is an old slow car. It's not an spg, or even a turbo. I know it is not desirable for those reasons.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Put it on Rennlist forums. I've sold 2 911s on there within days of posting them, which is more than I can say for this forum.

Fixing the issues with the car will help the sale as well, brakes are kinda important...

GLWS

·
Registered
110 Posts
You can also post one Pelican Parts int the Porsche 944 forum. No membership needed like you have to have On Rennlist. But I think a year membership for Rennlist is under $20

Good luck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts