SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I recently got my first 9k and so far I like it.. however there's one issue that needs to be fixed asap..

When standing still or driving slowly and turning the wheel lock to lock, quite a loud "pop" can be heard when changing direction.
Also, when accelerating hard the steering wheel starts to vibrate and the car shudders a little.. Lastly when talking corners at speed, I get all sorts of noises depending on how hard I'm cornering. Medium pace will get me a humming sound, driving hard gets it nocking like crazy... which I'm not too keen on trying out all the time.

I know my c900 by heart but this newfandangled 9k is still sort of a mystery so... I'm thinking CV joint? Drive axle? Steering rack (hope not)?µ

Any (all) help greatly appreciated.

Ps. I searched.. but never posted here before. So there you go ;)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
first i,d park the car now until its fixed

could be a worn or loose steering ball joint, if its loose & the bolt comes off, you will crash

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Sounds like a bad ball joint. Like Norman said, park it and get it fixed ASAP. Or else you will crash ...................... into some hapless Volvo :cheesy:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sounds like CV problem. The vibration on hard acceleration is a classic symptom of inner driver wear. Could also be the cause of the popping noise. Could also be the tie rod ends that are very worn or loose.

But as the other posters have said, definitely rule out a bad ball joint as that could be very dangerous if it comes loose completely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts