SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 SS and have tried two different handsfree kits using the tel1 connections on the back of EHU. In both cases the sound qulity is very poor through the car front speakers. The sound can be described as overamplified, scratchy and breaks up at times. The sound quality is not near as good as the onstar announcement. I currently am using a PARROT CK3100 bluetooth unit with audio isolation transformer in line with the tel1 inputs and bluetooth module line outputs. I get main power from the drivers side fuse panel, switched power and ground from the cigerette lighter. Mute works properly. I have read many posts on this forum about good sound quality and some that might be poor with tel1. My question to this forum is the following: Is this poor sound quality a problem with the EHU? It seems that it is because some have good sound while some may not? I am currently trying to get SAAB to exchange the unit but as one might expect I am running into trouble. I only have a few thousand miles left on the warranty.:cry:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have installed by myself a hands free and it sounds clear...but I'm not using the audio spkr but the kit speaker, installed in feet passenger area.

Perhaps it's not a big help, but while installing aditional AMP's and comparing with other people I found different sound quality in the EHU's from several 9-3ss.
It should have a distortion of 1% (conditions?) but I think that real rates are from 0,5 to 5%. Please if you claim this issue to the dealer and you have success please let me know...

·
Registered
58 Posts
seems to depend on the unit, I have a nokia and once its set up

the sound is fine. try reducing the level on the handset to the very minimum
and then increase the volume using the steering wheel might make a difference

·
Registered
143 Posts
I too have the Parrot CK3100 installed. The sound from my front speakers is very good. I have a late build 2004 EHU, I know the early 2003 EHU were flaky... Jwadle also has the Parrot CK3100 and I don't remember him having anything negative to say about the front speaker distortion you are having.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts