SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just needed to vent. Love my Saab to death, but the service that I receive from my local saab dealer is enough to make me never want to buy another. Here in central Illinois, the next closest dealer is over an hour away so I am at their mercy. First of all, did away with saab loaners which I hear is becoming more and more common. The complimentary pick up and delivery is nice, but the first time, the warning light was on for low fuel on the loaner. My wife was not happy as where we live, there is not a gas station for several miles. Loaded in our 2 month old, started up, no gas. Nice! Got my car back and the radio didn't work. Return trip. Emblems were peeling. Called to get parts ordered. Took car in. Waited 2 hours in service dept. Only had one emblem. Have to order another. Thought you had both of em? Guess we were wrong. Return trip. Driver's window was sticking. Took in to get fixed. Broke one of the clips for the plastic trim above window. Now rattles. Return trip. Ordered aux cable from parts dept. 3 weeks later call to see if part ever arrived. Yep. Been here since last week. No one ever called. Took in for routine maint, 45000 miles. Needed brakes on front. Car returned with scraping from rt front tire. Brakes not installed properly. Black lug nut covers ordered from saab also were not on the car. Either broke em off or didn't put back on. No one said a word. Return trip. Cigarette lighter not retracting when closing ashtray. Use constantly for pluging and unplugging radar detector. Dealer fix lasted one day. Screw it. I'll just live with that one. Had a call from Saab USA once. Told them lots of these things. Nothing ever done. The list actually goes on and on, but I am tired of typing. Every single time I enter that dealership, something gets screwed up. ;oops:

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Is this Uftring?

Did you buy the car new from them?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I sent a letter to Saab USA about the service cost from my dealership. I have not received a response back yet. I think I am going to send another one just to give them a second chance.

·
Registered
615 Posts
cjhutch said:
I sent a letter to Saab USA about the service cost from my dealership. I have not received a response back yet. I think I am going to send another one just to give them a second chance.
F*** that. Send one to the Better Business Bureou and the IL Consumer Protection Agency. They'll give them a good kick in the balls. And I bet SaabUSA will respond very quickly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cosmicflash said:
Is this Uftring?

Did you buy the car new from them?
Yes it is. Car was CPO. Had 19,000 when I bought it. For some reason there has been 3 saab service managers in the 2 years I have had the car. None better than the one before.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just got my car back from Nimnicht Saab in Jacksonville FL - front air dam scraped, minor paint overspray (window, front wheel and maybe other places still to be found), fuel guage not working correctly, and previous Tech II changes deleted (they found a problem with the headlights that was corrected via Tech II but did not restore others), which I had to pay for. They had the car for 2 weeks and even though they gave me a loaner it was a crappy 9-7x, which gave me a low tire pressure error (all 4 tires were 26 psi), and it pulled to the right and vibrated at speed - new with only 71 miles so the problems may go away.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Uftring is mediocre at best.

I purchased my 9-3 and have had 2 problem & 1 service visits at Uftring. The first for a failed temp sensor and a list of Tech2 changes, all completed within a day, and the second time to diagnose my chopped & cupped tires and to look at a few squeaks & rattles. Confirmed the tires are bad, and fixed 3 out of 5 squeaks I complained about, 1 of which has come back in the month since the service....:roll:

Are you dealing with the Saab Service manager? His name is Matt. Or is this the general Chevrolet service people? In my experience, the Chevy people there are rude and clueless*. Have you taken list of your complaints and problems directly to Matt? If so, what is his response? Has he just ignored you? I've been fairly content with his efforts at solving my problems. Not the greatest, but not the worst service manager I've ever dealt with. Going through the Better Business Bureau is a fine idea, but I'd first go to Matt directly, tell him you're upset and about to contact the BBB, give him your list of complaints, and then ask him what he's going to do about it.

The lack of Saab loaners ticks me off too, but it's better than the 'we-don't-do-loaners' that every other car I've ever owned came with. If I get that stupid blue POS Malibu one more time....:evil: As much as I'd love to dis Uftring with you, I've never heard of another dealer sending a driver 100+ miles each way to bring me a loaner. Yes, I'd rather the car *not* have problems, but at least they try.

I don't know where you live in Illinois, but if you're closer to St. Louis than to Chicago, Suntruup West County Saab/Volvo has a pretty good service department that's open on weekends. Just Saab and Volvo, so they have a bit more experience with 'furrin' cars. Ok, I've been there once for just the 20k service, but they were relatively quick and their waiting area is decent. Better than Uftring's, anyway.

* To make a long story short, I made the 7,500 mile service appointment a month ahead of time so that I could take it on a Saturday morning. No problem, they said. Drove the 100 miles and arrived to find no Saab techs, only Chevy. "The Saab guys don't work on Saturdays, I don't know how you made an appointment," was the line. Said they'd do me a favor and 'squeeze me in'. I reluctantly let them service the car. 3 hours later, I get my car back. They didn't wash it, left dirty hand prints on the white leather seats, spilled oil on the engine, lied about rotating the tires, couldn't reset the maintenance computer, and tried to charge me $100+ for all of it. I had to actually pull out the 'Complimentary Service' booklet that came with the car. They looked at it as if I'd printed it myself. Told them that I wasn't paying for it because it was included and walked out. Bad.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I usually deal with Matt at Uftring as well. I just had mine in yesterday for 1st intermediate service (4300mi) and had no problems. It took a while, but I also had them make some Tech II changes and they did not charge me for them (I already had my free change a month ago so was told the second one would be charged). Certainly they didn't do anything above and beyond, but I was satisfied.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts