SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seasons Greetings all....:D

OK, now that the dreaded xmas is over,:D I have something to look forward to. Upgrading my car.:D

My car passed its MOT last November:D , for those of you not in the know, an MOT is a British car Safety Check of sorts, she passed with flying colours, but left me with 1 minor:confused: . One of the rear-anti-rollbar bushes is slighty worn. Although it passed this time, it may fail next time. Basicly, I need to replace it. So I got to thinking, if I replace 1, may as well go the whole hog and replace the lot, front and back:eek: . Also looking at renewing the front struts, trackarms and anything else downthere apart from my suspension. This is where I need your help..:roll:

First off, Can someone list the componants that are likey to be replaced, I have an inkling, but unsure? Mainly front please.
Can someone please advice on poly bushes or rubber bushes? Maybe the pros and cons of both? Thanks..
I read on an earlier thread that someone was going to put rubber on the front, and polys on the back, any reason for this? Also think that this was on the steering end of his car.

This job needs to be right becouse a, I don't wish to respend repairing a f!"k-up, who does? and b, it's a family car with my pride and joy inside!
Thanks to all who respond to this thread.:D Happy New year to you all!!:D

·
Registered
352 Posts
In New York State, we must have it real easy. In fact, today I saw a pickup truck that looked like it was about to split in half behind the cab, it was definitely sloping into a vee shape.

But yeah, I was looking in my haynes about the MOT, I think we should have a more rigorous testing over here. It would definitely keep the jalopies off the road!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts