SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As some of you know I am crazy when it comes to buying suff, and how nuerotic I can get about the silliest things...like flat spots in my DP:roll: ...

Anyway I am going suspension crazy and want to finish it up for now. I just ordered an intercooler hose from eeuroparts to put on my MP Intercooler, so I figured I might as well order new tie rod ends (boots are ripped on mine) as well as the powerflex radius arm to subframe bushings.

The reason I ordered those bushings is because I am going to be ordering genuine's kit that they have with the 24mm front bar and poly bushings pressed into the new control arms.

Here is my question...I want to have complete poly bushings, including the rear axle. But I cannot find any US suppliers for poly bushings, the only one I need that I cannont get through eeuroparts or genuine, is......the front swaybar inner bushings that attach to the subframe, the rear axle bushings and since I am nuerotic and crazy I also want to get the drivers side poly mount for the steering rack.

Parts for saab as those 3 but with shipping it would come out to be close to 200 bucks, so again anyone know where I may be able to find them in the US, or how I might be able to save on shipping from the UK...

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Are you sure you checked the VAT free price? I order from PFS from time to time and never had any shipping fees that wouldn't make it worth it.

Last time I got a E code 2.0 no AC belt and it was still cheaper than a dealer price.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Zo, Vyledman: Do you line ze shoe cupbord mit ze shoes in left-right-left-right fashion? Do ze shoes being up/down or right/left irritate? Do you close ze ***** in ze curtains before retiring for ze night?

Do you park zee Saab Avay from ze odder shoppers on ze Zaturday Mornink?

Ya! Yoo Dooo?

Zen You isss ein 100% Saab afflicted :cheesy:

Professor Ludwig Von Drake.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UHHH ok LOL:roll::D:lol: anyway I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and pay the 30 dollars shipping I was really just wondering if there was any other place that had better prices for the bushigns

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I couldn't find cheaper. Even the manufacturer's site lists them as more £££. That "bidding" site lists them for Fix-Or-Repair-Daily etc, but not for Saab :cry:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The stock inner ARB bushings are quite stiff and there would be little gain in replacing them. Sure we could make them but there is no point. Same story with the rear bushing of the front three. The original is plenty hard. As always I have made the parts that will do the best improvement without changin too much and wasting money. I am probably one of the few people around with crazy power and agressive driving style that uses the car for competition and have found no problems or need for more poly in the front. For the rear axle I may play with them, I can see how they would help.
Nick Taliaferro

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I Guess that is a really good point, but like I said I am crazy and nuerotic. And If I do not do the inner swaybar bushes, I will think to myself, hmm how much of a difference would they make. I guess probabaly not much. So maybe I will just do the 24mm front bar, and if I have some extra cash I will snag the poly bushings.

It isnt that hard to drop the subframe anyway, so if I have to do it twice, no biggy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts