• No, 9-3

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear I had heard that from 1994-2002 (and 03 for vert) all US spec Saabs came with FRONT heated seats as standard. I always thought that was incredibly cool. No other car company on the planet, in the US, offered those as standard equipment.

I've never seen a US Saab without heated seats. Of course, I live in Ohio, so maybe ALL Ohioans ponied up for them?!?!
I know they were standard in all 900's/9-3's in Canada.
I used to have my original window sticker on a previous Saab and I don't remember if it was standard.

So... US owners... do you have them?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
My car is from Florida, and no heated. You could do a similar poll using ebaymotors? But this works well too.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i have a '99 9-3 without heated seats. i live in GA so i dont really need them. some days i wish i had them but thats like 5 days out of the year.

·
Registered
209 Posts
i think you should include the leather or not question. i think if you ponied up for leather seats, you got heated fronts.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have an SE with leather and without heated seats. I have the original window sticker and there is no mention of heated seats. The car was originally shipped to Greensboro, NC. Some ogood came from this...while looking for the sticker I was able to find a 3rd key inside the owners manual wallet:cheesy: .

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
yes, that does seem to be the case. It would follow the trend. SS don't have sunroofs standard now. Seems to be Saab try's to decontent each new model. Maybe in an effort to lower price?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Oh, and I checked out a few 900's on ebay to see if I could find some without heat. They all do. But I found this nice Saab. I don't know how good it'd end up to be, but low miles would be a good start if you're in the St. Louis area.

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
That's a nice one. I like charcoal leather myself, but who cares. I got mine for a similar price but it had 30,000 more miles on it. But it IS silver. :cheesy:

Sorry, back to seats. I would have figured at least all SE's would have had them.

A

·
0 Posts
My '01 9-3 SE vert has them. Despite what you might think living in California, there are some mornings the charcoal leather seats are pretty icy. Heated seats are a lifesaver. Otherwise, I can see why they were optional eventually for those who wanted to save some money.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
stromer said:
Seems to be Saab try's to decontent each new model. Maybe in an effort to lower price?
GM/Saab? Nah, my guess would be it was an effort to get MORE money out of people by making them get the accessory packages.

My humble 900S which does have leather has the heated seats (intermittently when the buggers wants to work :evil:).

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
S4L's right, it must have been an effort to get more $ from buyers and/or keep the advertised base price low. Check out the 9-3 linears on the official SAAB web page. Both the sunroof and the heated seat package are expensive options.

And I can't believe nobody has brought up that deleting the heated seats is one of the 1100 changes. Heck, I bet they counted deleting the left seat heater and the right seat heater as two. Probably two more for the switches too. :cheesy:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts