SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I spent 3hrs trying to remove the E-18 rear caliper bolts on a 07 Combi Aero. After doing one side I read through the How To post and learned from DTPTurboX that you can remove the rotors without taking off the mounting bracket! Thank you thank you! This saved 3hrs of swearing with my propane torch in one hand and various broken swivel sockets in the other. Should this be a sticky? Is this common knowledge? Can you bump this info to the top of that how to post?
post1024514

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I did not know that. Will you post instructions?

As an aside, I slide a old shower curtain bar over my breaker bar and with that enormous leverage can easily remove those stuck bolts w/o heat. My 2 cents!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I resorted to all sorts of leverage implements. It finally broke free, but it almost broke me first.

To replace the rotor:
1. Remove caliper slide bolts
2. Slide off caliper and pads. Remove pads.
3. Remove rotor retaining screw (T-30)
4. Take off rotor, angling it slightly to get it past the caliper mounts.

If others know what models this applies to please comment. Mine was a 2007 aero combi.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
There are different rotor sizes.
This likely applies to the 278mm rotors only as the 292mm size will be too big to get over the hub with the carrier in place.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
How worn were the old rotors?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This was confirmed on a vented disc (292mm). Feel sorry for the poor soul who has to take that mounting bracket off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts