SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please tell me someone has done this before...DONE!

I've searched the board and cannot find a thread that speaks of replacing the lower radiator hose. This looks to be one of the parts that Saab built the rest of the car around :evil:

Please tell me you don't have to remove the intake manifold to change a freaking radiator hose.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Don't think there's any other way to do it, although I have heard of guys reaching the pump end from underneath. :eek:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Does look tricky to say the least but I'd have a bloody good try at doing it before taking the manifold off.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got the ac compressor off and it already looks 10x better access to the hose. It looks like if I take off the coolant reservoir and the feeder hose to the pump I can get it. That's taking it OFF...I bet putting the new one on is going to really try my patience! :lol:

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it! No manifold removal needed as long as you pull the ac compressor and bracket, feeder hose from the coolant tank and it also helped to get the heater hose off as well. Your results may vary; past performance is no guarantee of future performance.

Now to get the new one on...

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I've done it without removing anything a couple of times, you just use a screwdriver to get the old one off

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I use a cotter pin remover to break the hose from the fitting and then loop some scotchbrite around the tube to smooth it out. Of course long screwdrivers or the right socket on a long extension help.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have also done replaced mine. The hardest part is the hose on the bottom that feed the turbo off the lower radiator hose took forever to get the new one on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts