SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys...
I have always been sure, that the 2.1L engine didn't come in a turbo-version, and still believe this. That said, you can misenterpret the statement under "1993" in the model-rundown here: http://www.saabcentral.com/features/saab_900/misc/900_history.php

Please clear it all up guys, there isn't made a 2.1 in a turbo-charged version, is there?
Daniel.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Im not sure if a SAAB ever came with a 2.1 liter turbo, but people have put the two together....

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with you, DeLorean, but am I the only one, who can see the fuzzy writing in the link I enclosed?
Daniel.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
It would appear to say that the LPT was offered as a 2.0 or a 2.1 ... even for a first language English speaker, that is how I would interpret that sentence if I did not know otherwise.

OT: The 2.1 was also the basis for the EIA Motors (French) 158 BHP 16V NA.

·
Banned
637 Posts
Also worth Noting that the 2.1 l engine was a V poor one indeed... lotsa problems associated with it.. Avoid it if Possible.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is just to settle an argument. We agree, that there is never produced a 2.1L turbo, right?

Daniel

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
No, there was never a 2.1 litre turbo. That last sentence is a bit clumsy.

The Saab 900 with its distinctive design had become a classic in the car world. The Saab 900 was being manufactured in 3 and 5 door models and also as an exclusive Convertible. The engine alternatives ranged in power from 128 to 175hp, 2 litre injection, 2 litre Turbo or the S lpt engine in a 2 litre or 2.1 litre version.
Change it around a bit and it makes more sense.

The Saab 900 with its distinctive design had become a classic in the car world. The Saab 900 was being manufactured in 3 and 5 door models and also as an exclusive convertible. The engine alternatives ranged in power from 128 bhp to 175 bhp, with a 2 litre injection, 2 litre Turbo, 2 litre S Light Pressure Turbo, and a non-turbo 2.1 litre.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts

Basre said:
Also worth Noting that the 2.1 l engine was a V poor one indeed... lotsa problems associated with it.. Avoid it if Possible.
great thanks. I just discovered I have a poor, avoid if possible engine.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
the 2.1 is not that bad. they got a bad rap because they installed a lot of faulty head gaskets on 91's that failed within the first 60K. the updated head gasket does not have this problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts