SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saab 9-3 2005 1.9 tid 150 bhp

Hi all thanks for looking I’m pulling my hair out now....my alternator decided to give up on me usual battery light came on got the message battery not charging service.

whilst i tried to drive home the battery went totally flat when i tried to jump start the car nothing would happen when i try to turn the key in the ignition it just don’t turn just stays in the locked position (funny thing is that we have towed the car and still the steering lock hasn’t come on.

also leads got very hot so a friend told me could be a short in the alternator so I’ve disconnected the live to the alternator there now seems to be less of a short but still key wont turn past the lock position

garages have told me ecu blown...cim chip blown etc etc etc

any help would be great :mad:) before i get ripped of with repair bill im based near heathrow thanks all that help

also was thing of a hybrid turbo and ecu upgrade from abbot racing for 1000 but this has totally put me off as only had the car 3 days

·
Super Moderator
9,435 Posts
change alternator,recharge battery..once that's done..reconnect battery..put key in ignition for 5-10 secs so it re syncs with the car..remove key 5secs..put it back in ignition..

the key should now turn,the steering lock won't re-engage until you've been for a short drive..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts