SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Really need help on this one. My 03 95 lpt is showing some strange issues. Had an intermiitent CEL, read the codes and it was p1312 and p1334. Changed out the DIC with a new one this week, no more CEL. Over the last few weeks the car has had some strange part throttle issues. An example is on the highway some days it seems like I have to "push" the car harder to maintain speed. It was intermittent, some days it ran fine. Now, the car when at part throttle, especially in traffic when i am on and off the throttle, when i let off the gas, the rpms jump "up" slightly then start to go down, almost like I am "blipping" the throttle. Also, at part throttle, when the trans is shifting from I believe 3rd-4th, it seems to rev 2000-2100, kind of "bog" or hesitate back to around 1800 rpms then rev up normally and shift. I am at a loss. I thought the failing DIC was causing this but it continues, just without the CEL now. Also, I changed the spark plugs out about 2500 miles ago. Any ideas guys? CPS? Throttle body? Any input would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Well you can start with pulling the top hose on your BPC valve above the turbo and plugging it with a bolt or something, then drive the car and see if it helps, if it doesn't you need to check your vacuum lines next to see if you have any leaks, if nothing there I would clean the throttle body and see if any changes, if it gets better you may want to look into a rebuild, but if no change you can try the CPS sometimes when they start to fail under light throttle you can get blips, it used to happen to me when I would lightly accelerate around 2600-3000 rpms the gauge would shimmy and surge. I would do it in that order as it's the cheapest easiest things first. Cps is less then a throttle body rebuild but that is only if the problem gets better then returns after you clean the throttle body.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts