SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to get a euro style plate for my car.
i have a 2008 saab 9-3

not sure what i need to mount the plate tho.

any help would be awesome, and please post pictures if you have one also!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
looking to get a euro style plate for my car.
i have a 2008 saab 9-3

not sure what i need to mount the plate tho.

any help would be awesome, and please post pictures if you have one also!
the first thing you need to do is check if they are legal... i don't think they are legal anywhere in the USA...

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
You can mount them on the front bumper. As long as your state doesnt require you to have a front state plate

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nothing. They send you a plate frame and screws. I recommend www.customeuropeanplates.com. Very quick shipping from Germany, good prices, and A+ service.

so thats everything i need? (plate/mount/screws?)

as for legal. not legal in NH
neither is 100+ on the highway :cheesy:

but serriously, if the front plate is still displayed your all set, so i plan to leave it in the winshield. (euro mounted on the bumper)

buddy has a BMW and he has not had any issues. my euro plate will be the same as my rear plate......

·
Registered
256 Posts
Try to get the European mounting frame/plate too. This way you can use the slots in the front bumper and don't have any screw holes when you want to sell the car.
Or put the screws in the center of the license plates where the slots are in the bumper.

Here in Texas the license plates are required too. When I bought mine it had one of these Saab plates but I now have a real Texas plate because friends of mine have been pulled over for this.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Let me assure you, when you buy the plate, you receive everything you need. The plate frame has many different slots for different cars, it fits perfect (I've bought 2). As for whether you'll get heat from the po-po, I have no idea:p

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have ordered twice from licenseplates.tv and had an outstanding experience both times. They do NOT include the mounting bracket; you have to buy that separately. But it is a very good design--makes changing plates a snap! In my state, a front plate is not required and the cops just ignore anything on the front, so I can't speak to legality.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I'd go with customeuropeanplates.com. I tried the licenseplates.tv site once and they were very rude. They charged me a huge amount for shipping and I was hit with a $70 duty fee ON A FREAKING LICENSE PLATE! The guy I talked to was very rude when I told him I ended up paying nearly $200 for a license plate. I realize you won't have that problem ordering from the states but what happened to me left me pretty annoyed. Customeuropeanplates.com also ships from Germany and is slightly cheaper.

I have no affiliation to www.customeuropeanplates.com I just took it upon myself to make sure licenseplates.tv gets less business, lol.

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Where do you get the mounting brackets at? I just purchased the GS "Turbo" Vanity plate and was about to install it and then realized I didn't have a bracket.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Try to get the European mounting frame/plate too. This way you can use the slots in the front bumper and don't have any screw holes when you want to sell the car.
Or put the screws in the center of the license plates where the slots are in the bumper.

Here in Texas the license plates are required too. When I bought mine it had one of these Saab plates but I now have a real Texas plate because friends of mine have been pulled over for this.
Which euro mounting frame did you pick up? Mine has the slots too in front.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
700 Posts
Here's what I did since you need to have front mounted plate and rear mounted plate in Maryland, which is where my car is registered even though I don't live there lol.

Plus I got that sweet frame I refuse to not use

I know, lot's of metal on the front, but I love having a Euro plate. People ask if the car has been imported all the time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts