SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a alpine radio for my 99 saab 9-5 i need a dash kit and wire harness i believe could somone tell me where to get it and what tools ill need and where to get them . by tools i just mean to take the radio out

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
You need a standard set of radio removal keys or you can bend a wire coat hanger and push it into both holes on the radio fascia to remove. GenuineSaab do an adaptor kit that provides you with a double DIN adaptor and wiring harness.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got the tool at walmart if i order this dash kit above will i need anything else can i wire the harness from the alpine to the harness in the kit

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it came with what looks like a somekind of stock wiring harness not one i can wire to the alpine it has two clips there all yellow and wouldnt have a cluue how to wire that .. i know they have wiring harnesses for aftermarket radios can u tell me which one to order

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Teckniec1999 9-5V6 said:
do you get high notes from those speakers?
There is a certain amount of treble but nothing special. A set of components in the front would be needed for a more balanced sound. I like my music bass heavy so its not an issue for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts