SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
05' 9-3 ARC 5spd
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before putting the arc in storage in 2010, I did a complete overhaul on brakes and suspension so it's all brand new still. I also changed the oil and removed any fuel left in the tank. Put a car cover on it and it's been sitting in my garage ever since.

Before I start the engine, I plan to do the following:

Change oil and filter 0w40 Mobile 1
Coolant flush Dexcool
Brake fluid flush Dot 4
MTF 2liters of 88862473
Replace cabin and air filters
Replace accessory belt
Replace Tires
Group 48 battery
NGK PFR6T10G

Anything else I should do before I put the car back on the road.

The car has 180km / 110miles and it's. 2005 ARC.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
371 Posts
Before putting the arc in storage in 2000, I did a complete overhaul on brakes and suspension so it's all brand new still. I also changed the oil and removed any fuel left in the tank. Put a car cover on it and it's been sitting in my garage ever since.

Coolant flush Dexcool
Brake fluid flush Dot 4
MTF 2liters of 88862473
Replace accessory belt
Replace Tires

Thanks in advance
How is the battery?

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
Before putting the arc in storage in 2000,

Thanks in advance
Putting a 2005 car in storage in 2000 shows much foresight! :p

I'd double check for any evidence of rodents.

Was the garage heated/cooled or did it get hot in summer and cold in winter?

Hopefully none of the seals start to leak. Take a look at the CV boots. They shouldn't have dried out, but who knows.

Look for leaks during the first few hundred km once it's on the road.

·
Registered
05' 9-3 ARC 5spd
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh sorry! It was in 2010 when I put it in the garage. It's just a normal garage cold/hot.

I forgot to mention that I also bought a new group 48 battery and NGK PFR6T10G

·
Super Moderator
1,590 Posts
I’d pull the plugs and squirt some marvel mystery oil in the cylinders before attempting to start it. Let it soak overnight then reinstall the plugs. After sitting for 10 years, the rings can seize to the cylinder walls. When you go to start the car, you can break a ring and ruin your day... 😬

·
Super Moderator
1,941 Posts
I’d pull the plugs and squirt some marvel mystery oil in the cylinders before attempting to start it. Let it soak overnight then reinstall the plugs. After sitting for 10 years, the rings can seize to the cylinder walls. When you go to start the car, you can break a ring and ruin your day... 😬
I was going to suggest the same thing. They also sell a fogging oil you can spray in as well, but marvel would work just fine for sure.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Before putting the arc in storage in 2010, I did a complete overhaul on brakes and suspension so it's all brand new still. I also changed the oil and removed any fuel left in the tank. Put a car cover on it and it's been sitting in my garage ever since.

Coolant flush Dexcool
Brake fluid flush Dot 4
MTF 2liters of 88862473
Replace accessory belt
Replace Tires
Group 48 battery
NGK PFR6T10G

Thanks in advance
i would pull the fuel pump fuse and crank it over for 10 seconds to get oil pressure built up

then make sure its warm outside that day and drive it very gently til it gets warmed up. You might want to warm it up in the driveway at hi idle

if you’re flushing the brk fluid might as well do the clutch master cylinder too

You’ll probably need new wiper blades-cheaper to order now than buy at auto parts store

i like seafoam more than techron. Seafoam has never done me wrong

youre prob due for a good layer of wax too. Maybe do the wash, clay and wax soon to protect the paint

1 - 12 of 12 Posts