SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for taking the time. Now on to the task at hand. I am replacing the feeder pump on my 84 900 T8. I am hooking up the new pump, but I am not sure which lead is the postitive and which is the negitive (long story). In anycase I need to hook it up and light is getting low. There are two leads, a orange lead with rubber located near the end and a black lead. I assumed the orange lead is the positive lead, but want to be sure. Any advice is most welcomed. Thank you.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If I walked up on your project and you asked me which, I would not even hesitate to tell you that the black one was negative. I would also use my multi-meter to quell your mind.

Thats my advice.
black-negative

Please bear in mind that I know nothing about your 8-valve.

http://www.maglite.com/index.asp
Might help quell the panic induced by a setting sun.

·
4,637 Posts
You won't get power to the pump unless the engine is turning over. At least this is the case with 16V engines and probably is true for the 8V ones too.

·
Registered
239 Posts
hockeytown9 said:
Yeah, I think the same. I tried to use my multi-meter, but I can't get a reading.
Plug the meter in and get a buddy to crank, otherwise there's no reading.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Marcos said:
Plug the meter in and get a buddy to crank, otherwise there's no reading.
\

I did, (girlfriend actually) but no luck. It turned out that the lead was disconected at the other end ;oops: . Once I fixed that I was able to use the meter, and sure enough the orange lead was the positive lead. Thanks again all!! A great amount of help and support as always. Happy SAABing!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts