SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally put time aside to plasti dipped my grill, my emblems and the piece thats above the license plate. Once you start you want to plast dip everything. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I like the front grill but not the emblems or the part about the grill but it might look better in person. also i don't like a bunch of bumper stickers haha i like a clean look ;)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yeah, you do want to start dipping everything. I like the grille, but not above the rear plate. The emblems, eh, whatever.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wasn't too sure how it would come out so thank god for plasti dip. I don't like the fact that the only chrome on the car is the grill and them emblems. I want to get rid of the chrome because the trim is all black. Saab should have added more chhrome or blacked out whatever chrome that's on the car. Thanks for the input guys I still don't know about the trink piece.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The grille looks good. I would have debadged, removed the stickers, and either left the strip above the plate alone or matched it to the paint of the car. You should remove that plate holder as well.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I removed the black strip above the plate. When I was walking down the block and saw it from far it made the car look cheap. Love how it peels right off. The plate frames have to stay because they are from my shop and my last name is on it which I think its pretty cool.

·
Registered
292 Posts
How hard was it to pull the grill out? Could you post instructions for dummies? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
How hard was it to pull the grill out? Could you post instructions for dummies? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
I've read a lot of people take off the front bumper to get the grill out. I didn't and had no problems, took me 3 minutes tops (maybe I was just lucky though). But what I did was this. I took a flat head (tape around edge) and started to gently pry out a small gap from the top. Then did the same with the bottom, just enough where it would look like it would wiggle. I then took my fingers and put them into the grill (spread out to disperse the force and avoid braking it), and just wiggled and tugged on it. It came out no problem, same with the other side pieces too.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I've read a lot of people take off the front bumper to get the grill out. I didn't and had no problems, took me 3 minutes tops (maybe I was just lucky though). But what I did was this. I took a flat head (tape around edge) and started to gently pry out a small gap from the top. Then did the same with the bottom, just enough where it would look like it would wiggle. I then took my fingers and put them into the grill (spread out to disperse the force and avoid braking it), and just wiggled and tugged on it. It came out no problem, same with the other side pieces too.

Thank you!

Your job looks great btw! ;ol;

1 - 13 of 13 Posts