SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I had my tires/tyres changed. The 2 men did a reasonably good jobs, such as hand torquing the wheels, putting the tires in the correct direction.......except when jacking the car up on the lift, they used one of the longitudinal members towards the side front when they should have used the lifting point about 6-8 inches (15-20 cm) lateral (outside) of that piece of metal. They correctly lifted the side rears.

I think that longitudinal (not crosswise) member is a strong section of metal so it's not like they jacked up the transmission or the floor pan. However, I plan to wash the car then spray paint the lifting areas yellow. According to the owner's manual, there are 7 points. Four usual jacking points, two at the rear, and one at the front.

Ideas? Colors/colours? Either that or spray paint it yellow and see if stickers will adhere. I could write "LIFT HERE" on the stickers.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
The Yellow would probably highlight the lift points, but I doubt if anyone is going to get so far under they could read "Lift Here"...unless you were going to paint it on the side like a Fighter Jets' "RESCUE" with an Arrow.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
All that is good if first the people do LOOK where they r jacking and if it is clean enough to recognise the yellow paintwork if ever they look under the car. The best thing is to b there at first when some 'stranger' has to lift yr car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts