SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the build today. Started to tuck wires and moved the battery to the trunk as well. Pulled the head and oil pan. Also took out the pistions to. Everything look clean and crank looks great. New pistions going in in a couple days. Along with fuel cell moved to trunk and new intercooler and running open dump and a hks bov. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Nice! Ready to blow a tranny or two? (Terrible joke, I know)

Custom exhaust manifold or is it possible to sandwich a holset in with slim fans and a manifold spacer?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fun

that's gonna be fun when it's finished. how many miles on that motor? stock bore forged pistons?
Forged and I might be returning my 90mm for 90.5 and pull the block for milling. Might get blow by if I don't.

The motor has 120,000 miles

·
Registered
101 Posts
On that note, not to steal your thunder or your Monster energy drink :D. Does anyone know what the limitation is after installing performance pistons? I would imagine the rest of the engine can't take more than 500hp?

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
On that note, not to steal your thunder or your Monster energy drink :D. Does anyone know what the limitation is after installing performance pistons? I would imagine the rest of the engine can't take more than 500hp?
Quite a few Saabs engines with 450-500WHP which is about 500 560, transmissions can;t take so much tho

·
Registered
2,615 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Are you going to be doing any head work. porting, cams, valve springs? I think 500 might be hard to make on factory head unless your running alot of boost (30+) and race gas or e85. Best of luck though. Im hoping for low 400whp with my build, very similar other than you have a t7 car

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
500 to the crank

I am shooting for 500 to the crank and I am going to be doing cams after I get it all back together. And then retune. With the turbo pistions reactors fuel cell top mount manifold custom exhuaste( running out the fender) intercooler and co2 sprayer cams will have to weight a few months. I forgot the map tune coil overs to they where first to be put on. Haha

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also the recaros I just put in. Money getting a lot thinner. Not to mention my evo x just had a retune and new clutch put in.

·
Registered
522 Posts
nice. so did you end up just getting the stock bore pistons? keep us updated on this build.. would love to see videos as well once everything is put together

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
Are you going to be doing any head work. porting, cams, valve springs? I think 500 might be hard to make on factory head unless your running alot of boost (30+) and race gas or e85. Best of luck though. Im hoping for low 400whp with my build, very similar other than you have a t7 car
T7 heads breath far better than the T5 heads, that's why quite a few of us use them on the 234 bottom end.

He also has a 2.3 motor, so definitely good for that...

but for sure will need enem cams and adjustable cam sprokets to get it there...

1 - 20 of 73 Posts