SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm unsure at this point. Not real crazy about the front with the grill above & below the front license plate (Audi did the same thing w/ a huge grill). From the side and rear angles though it isn't too bad. Need to see a direct front and side view. At least you can still tell it's a 9-5.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I like that a lot ;oops:

·
Registered
330 Posts
I love it, very cutting edge, and totally unique, two of the things i love about Saab's

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I like them too ;oops: ;oops: ;oops:

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
just a personal opinion here...i think it's ugly. i realize the current generation has been out for quite a while now, but i think the current model looks much better. let's see...from the side, it looks like they've hardly touched it. the front now lacks the traditional saab trademark, the 3 port grille. now that the small side grilles are integrated with the headlight, it's hard to see in passing...and all you're left with is the all-too-familiar four-point grille design. also, i wonder if saab has been paying attention to the response of audi/VW's huge grille/bumper design. i'm sorry, but it's ugly. editors all refer to this design as a love it or hate it relationship...why would any manufacturer design a love/hate relationship with a car's grille? i think the audi A4 WAS a great looking car...but now with this huge grille design, i will never look at an audi until there's a redesign. ok, and for the back...what were they thinking with the tail lights? under what circumstances would you NOT want exterior trim to line up? i have absolutely no idea what look they were going for, but offsetting the bottom edge of the tail lights by just a fraction of an inch does not look right.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Something about the side profile is not sitting well with me, the nose looks longer. And no dual exaust? I was hoping they were going to strech the 9-3 ss and give it a little update.
All I know is when the SS came out I was in love from the first newspaper picture, the new 9-5, not so much.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think that looks really good. Granted, it does not have the classic saab grill, but the change is good. In 2002, the classic hatch back was cut, and that is the most defining saab design to date.

I really feel this gives the 9-5 a more agressive look, and gives it a better place in the market. This car seems like it will stand out better than the current 9-5, and it really is just a tweak of the three port grille.
give it time, it will grow on you guys.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Can't say anyone should be surprised. First BMW, and Audi. If you are going to sell at this price point you have to make those changes. :roll:With that said, the front will take some getting use to. Eventhough I think they could have done it a little better. You never know it could still change..

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Firstly,
I adore the current 95 wagon.

New look?
Front isn't too bad,.......but the rear.................?

If I bought one, I would buy a back door from a 03/04 spec wagon and have it resprayed and fitted.
I reckon someone spilt their coffee on the drawing sheets for the rear tail lamps in the design studio!
The rear clusters look way out of balance.

That's GM for you!

·
Registered
34 Posts
SAAB designers have lost their minds... that front will make the SAAB a regular car amongst all the others. I don't like it. There goes our sober yet unique design...

1 - 20 of 71 Posts