SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Her eis the new GMC Denali...couldnt wait for the Saab which I wasn't all that excited for anyway. Got a killer deal on this....

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'd say the interior looks better than I'd thought closeup w/o studio lighting, etc.. but though to tell w/o touching it. OTOH, the rear 1/3 looks much more trailblazerish that I'd expected.

G

·
The interior is much better than any other GM SUV. I think it's better built than some of the euro SUVs, including the Mercedes and BMW. Everything is smooth to the touch and has a good grain to it. The only things I didn't like were the cheap armrest lid and the bump on the driver's door that controls the mirrors.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Is it just me, or does the beige leather look out of place with rest of the charcoal grey interior ?

Two details bug me, the rear passengers HVAC vents are standard GM issue :cry:, as opposed to the front Saab joystick vents. Also the steering wheel is too recognizable as GM's own.

Overall not bad in execution but I hope some yearly enhancements will be made.

·
Registered
343 Posts
SaabKen said:
Two details bug me, the rear passengers HVAC vents are standard GM issue :cry:, as opposed to the front Saab joystick vents.
Well, I have to say that it was the same way in the last-gen 9-3 as well. :) At least in that application it wasn't really appropriate to have the overlapping vent design there.

G

·
At a glance, it is much easier to distinguish the Saab from other GM counterparts than it is to separate a Trailblazer from a Rainier or an Envoy from an Ascender. Once you look through it closely, some details will show that some parts are shared. But how many of you haven't noticed that the mirror switch in your 9-3 or 9-5 is the same one found in the Saturn ION?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
What a pleasant surprise. I am not a huge fan of SUV's, but I have defended SAAB's right to produce and sell one. As many of you know, there is a vocal group of SAABisti that detest SUV's and will bemoan the release of this vehicle no matter what. While I have defended the rationale of the decision to sell a SUV, I have had small niggling doubts in my own mind. "Oh gawd, I hope it isn't a slapdash 'badge-job'." As more and more information comes out - these pictures and the write-up by Dan Jedlika (sp?) talking about how differently the SAAB version handles and how sporty it is - my mind is being put at ease somewhat. Still, I predict that initial sales will be a little lackluster. People need to get used to the idea of a SAAB SUV.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts