SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pictogram on my 89 9000 comes on when I turn on the lights and shows that there is a dead bulb in the rear lights. There was a dead bulb, I replaced it but the pictogram will not go off. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Did you replace the bulb with a 'generic' bulb? There seems to be an issue with certain bulbs, that whilst they work, the ohm return is incorrect, and your dash is flagging it as having failed as it is outside the range that it expects to see.

If you can, test it with a genuine bulb to see if this resolves the problem.

Cheers

Kenneth

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pictogram

Went to the parts store and got a generic, but they have worked just fine in the past. I will try another brand though. Is there a way to reset the the pictorgram? such as disconnecting the battery for a while?

X

·
0 Posts
This is just a guess, I had a similar problem with my 9-5. The unit sences current resistance from the bulbs if they are not matched ie one old bulb one new, it still thought that there was a problem. To fix I changed both bulbs for a new matched pair and the light went out... :confused:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fixed it

FIXED IT! Problem seemed to be the resistance in the first replacement bulb. Put in an Osram/Sylvania replacement and everything is ok. The first replacement bulb was made in China, the Osram/Sylvania was made in Italy. Draw your own conclusions... I sure have!

Thanks for all the good advice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts