SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
looks good i would have went with a darker tint but i think you said your community cops were asses.

if i get a 9-5 i wanna do like 20% all around ;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been keeping my eyes open for you Marley I found a maroon 99 9.5 with 70k for you they are asking 11495 at a local VW dealer. It has leather, sunroof heated seats, V6 3.0. The website is www.visionautogroup.com I am sure you can talk them down!!!! Just go to the preowned on the left side of the page.

·
Registered
25 Posts
thanks sir :)

yeah ive been keeping my eyes open too, they are easy to come by, i see one in brooklyn an aero model on ebay for 15 buy it now with no bids, i bet he would take 13, less then 50k miles.

im picky about color, i want black or silver;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand those are my choices as well, my last car was black and I could never keep it clean so I went with silver this time!! Good luck on your search I'll still keep my eyes open as well. And I am probaly not much older than you so please no more sir's.... LOL

Jason

·
Registered
25 Posts
just online talk ;)

im 20 going on 21 in april.

i had a crazy idea hopefully if i get it cheap enough, then ill get like 1000 bucks toward rims and tires. throw on some nice cheap 18inch wheels with street tires for summer, then stock wheels with winter tires ;)

then ill be balling, bling bling in teh saab ;) how bout 20inch spinnaz?

you car looks clean, did you get it from a dealer too?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
3 month 3,000 mile bumper to bumper. Yes very fun to drive, only wish it was rear wheel drive in the summertime, you know all about snow up here where we live!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
PA9.5Drvr said:
3 month 3,000 mile bumper to bumper. Yes very fun to drive, only wish it was rear wheel drive in the summertime, you know all about snow up here where we live!!!
yeah let me know as the winter progresses how it does.

i wanna try to borrow my moms car for the month i have between one break and thanksgiving.

just to see how it really does with my driving ;)

·
Registered
855 Posts
How much was the tinting? I think it looks great and have been meaning to look into it. Understandably it's going to very by region, but...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I paid $175 and I did take notice of the rusted lugs that will be taken care of very soon. And in my area if I go darker I will be pulled over by the cops within minutes!!!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
yeah stop telling the man what he should have got, he got it cause he likes it.

silly people :)

cops are annoying, my friend tinted his jeep right at the legal limit in our area, cop pulls him over the day he picked it up, he couldn't roll down the window so it was kinda awkward. the sad thing is tho, the cops dont do any test to see how dark it is, usually a test is putting Driver ID on one side, and shine flashlight through other, if you can see it its legal still. They dont do that, so you go to court and explain and you get dismissed ;)

·
Registered
855 Posts
Here in Utah we can tint any windows that are behind the driver as dark as we want, but only light tinting is allowed on the front windows.

That sucks that they don't do any sort of test.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
PA9.5Drvr said:
I paid $175 and I did take notice of the rusted lugs that will be taken care of very soon. And in my area if I go darker I will be pulled over by the cops within minutes!!!!!!
Jason,

The tinting looks great - really adds a nice flair to the car:cool:. FYI, the rust lugbolts seems to be common on the Saabs - mine were replaced about a year ago and rusty again already :( :( . I ended up just getting the little black caps from the dealer for $13. It's not the best, but it definitely cleaned up the looks. I got sick of scrubbing the brake dust off to get them all clean and shiny and still having to look at rusty lugs :confused: .

Rob

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Rob thanks for the tip on the lug caps, that is why I love this forum. I will get them from the dealer asap!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts