SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Welcome to the blackhole of saabsites. :p

Nice looking car.

Pretty soone you'll want to add Intrax, Super Aeros, MSS exhaust and then... no, you can't just add a turbo to it.... hah, jk.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Yeh, he's right - welcome to the dark side. That really ordinary second hand car you thought you'd bought is about to take over your life. People have entered Saab Central as normal sane individuals and within six months have renamed all their kids after 900 paint colours, spent the wife's inheritance on performance parts and been carted off in straight jackets mumbling the words 'Airflow bumpers'.

Leave now while you still can.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
:lol: i was just kidding, we don't ACTUALLY ban, but we do like pictures :cheesy: good lookin 900 though! any plans so far?

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Without modifications but with regular maintenance you'll find your Saab to be a nice, reliable car that gets good mileage and won't leave you sitting - especially if you're gentle to the gearbox and try for redline at every shift - in other words drive it like the car it's designed to be.
Great first car, by the way - very safe - sporty (within reason) and they do very well in snow -

Welcome aboard!

Steve

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mikewitdaspike said:
:lol: i was just kidding, we don't ACTUALLY ban, but we do like pictures :cheesy: good lookin 900 though! any plans so far?
Got some plans,

I've mentioned a few little problems and the goal is to fix those first and to get it on the road. It needs snow tires, the RH "windscreen" wiper is loose and doesn't work in heavy rain and the LH (drivers) Headlight is loose. Those longish (3-4 inches) bolts for adjusting the direction are sliding through those little white plastic pieces. Any ideas what the might be called?

Thanks,

Brennan

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
lifegaurdhitch said:
Got some plans,

I've mentioned a few little problems and the goal is to fix those first and to get it on the road. It needs snow tires, the RH "windscreen" wiper is loose and doesn't work in heavy rain and the LH (drivers) Headlight is loose. Those longish (3-4 inches) bolts for adjusting the direction are sliding through those little white plastic pieces. Any ideas what the might be called?

Thanks,

Brennan
With the wiper assemblies, there is an electric motor that drives the left-side wiper, and the right-side one is operated via a cable and pulley wheel due the fact it's axis is not the same as the shaft axis of the left side wiper.

It's possible the cable could be slipping around the pulley. I'm in Australia so when the cable busts, my left-side wiper keeps working but the right one is dead in the water, which is 'fun' as our cars are RHD. Had a wiper drive cable go in my 83 900S a couple of years ago on a really wet night. Very, very slow drive back home. :cool:

Removing the wiper drive assembly isn't too difficult but if the car has A/C fitted you will need to undo and move the A/C compressor out of the way after removing both wiper arms from their shafts. Replacment cables are available from Saab parts dealers.

As for the headlight, it sounds like you're talking about the bolts that align the reflector to aim the beam?

Craig.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Woot! I fixed my first problem. Two more to put it on the road. The RH Windshield Wiper was an extremely simple fix. The 13mm nut that connects the wiper arm to the drive thingy... that comes up from the wiper motor through the body to the wiper arms... it was just loose, about to fall off actually which would explain the problem. next is the headlights. I am going to take the hood off this weekend and figure out what is needed to make the headlights stay in. I'll post pics when i find what is wrong. :cool:

·
Registered
5,464 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I've got to take the hood off this weekend and take out the entire assembly to figure out whats wrong. Once this and the tailpipe are fixed, I can finally put it on the road. Thanks for finding those parts though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts