SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I think the pcmcia is his, the dealer is letting him borrow the tech2. If thats the case then I def understand why he wants to keep price hidden, as to not piss off the stealer.

He charges 60 bucks an hour, I'd be all over it, my old stealer in San Antonio let me use theirs for a couple of hours, and paid around 100 bucks, so its a good bargain if thats teh case.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
just keep in mind that there will be a charge to keep my dealer and myself happy as we are the ones that will be doing this.
I understand the desire to defray the costs. My understanding from reading various threads on reprogramming is that a half-hour session can make a lot of changes. I wouldn't mind paying say $50 and having a whole list of changes made in one go. But paying $50 for just one change, like turning off DRLs, I would not consider worth it.

there was a few other forums, this one included that had full instructions for the tech2 on how to reprogram the light switch but it seems they have all been deleted. i cant even find the document i created with the info for it.

if anyone wants to know what works, please list your model number and what you want changed and i will look into that when i get the unit.
I thought it was something like setting the "Lighting Option" (or similar name) to 1 instead of 3. Was that the level of info you were looking for?

On my '97 900s, I can think of some things which I would like changed if possible:
  • turn off DRL, make light switch actually work (off/park/headlight)
  • no chirp/beep on remote lock/unlock
  • program additonal remote to car
  • eliminate the delayed extra windshield wipe after washing, this feature does not work as brilliantly as some Saab engineer thought
  • automatically lower dash illumination when Black Panel is selected and raise when deselected (not sure if this is feasible)
Not sure what else is possible, I would have to look at a list of programming options and see.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I fully understand where you are coming from. But as I said the name calling was not required. I was asked not to reveal the price because I have a good relationship with the company I purchased the software from. As far as costs go I would have to make it worth while for both sides and to recover some cost incurred. I am all for contributing to this community as I have to others before many times. But I will test my car and a friends and provide updates for everyone here.

My dealer is actually willing to let me take the tech2 home over night when I get it so I have more time to play and learn. Most dealers won't even make changes for people especially considering drl's so I figure any help even with a cost applied would be appreciated.

I tried to bribe a few dealers and other shops to do it for $200 but no one wanted to touch it. So I went to the next step.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Ah, well I respect that you are keeping your word to the dealer that sold it to you! Good luck with it.

Why was the dealer selling it? Did they stop servicing SAABs, or simply have too many of them?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
they were a location that was shut down due to the gm restructering that happened almost 2 years ago. but i was incontact with some of them as they owned other dealers so i kinda got in with a few people that ended up selling it to me instead of listing it on the market

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
so i got to play around with it all finally but only for a half hour. i did manage to set my front and rear fog lights to ROW mode and now they turn on in either 1 or 2 position ( n/a om position 0 )

there used to be a lot of info on a few forums about the proper procedures but they have all been removed it seems.

i noticed an option for comfort open (since i already had this i didnt care ), but nothing for comfort close.

there didnt seem an easy way to reprogram the light switch. i remember reading about un-installing the UEC (underhood electrical centre) module and adding it so you can reprogram it to how you like it.

i am going to try to do this in the next week when i get some time.
there were a few options that were asking me to connect to the tis2000 server to continue which was a bit disappointing but i have a friend trying to help me out there if he can so we will see what will come of those "hidden" options

anyone ever had to program a module from scratch?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts