SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What is your offset? Struts and shocks won't help a ton unless you are rubbing when reaching the end of the stock compression. The Bilsteins could resist compressing as much as the current setup, but still have the same travel. So bumps in the road may not rub, but speed bumps, angled roads, or anything that requires a slow approach could. I don't really know enough about your car to judge that though.

heres what it looks like it only has megan racing springs and 18x9 wheels and 235/40/18

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
What is your offset? Struts and shocks won't help a ton unless you are rubbing when reaching the end of the stock compression. The Bilsteins could resist compressing as much as the current setup, but still have the same travel. So bumps in the road may not rub, but speed bumps, angled roads, or anything that requires a slow approach could. I don't really know enough about your car to judge that though.
[/QUOT
it reaches full or almost full spring compression when it rubs

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-3 Aero FWD 6MT
148 Posts
ya i only rub when hitting bumps it makes my car bounce alot making my fender hit my wheel my offset is 41
How much are you currently lowered? Your offset is right on the maximum for lowered cars, you could probably get by if only by 35mm.
i dont mind if i scape on speed bumps or angled roads or anything
Just be careful with this, losing a wheel well liner in public can be embarrassing haha.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
haha yes it would be it only hits the fender the outer rim i rolled my fenders but still hits a bit beacuse of how wide i am and megan springs say 1.25inch front and 1 inch in rear

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
How much are you currently lowered? Your offset is right on the maximum for lowered cars, you could probably get by if only by 35mm.

Just be careful with this, losing a wheel well liner in public can be embarrassing haha.
but i know the h&r lower more then megans but they might be stiffer

·
Registered
148 Posts
Looks like H&R do an extra .15" in the front and .3" in the rear. If you are having this much trouble rubbing at this height, I'd stick with the Megan and do B6s.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Looks like H&R do an extra .15" in the front and .3" in the rear. If you are having this much trouble rubbing at this height, I'd stick with the Megan and do B6s.
not having alot of rubbing if its only when i got people in the backseats and stuff but i will keep looking around i think megans are shitty they cheap and too soft so thanks any lowering springs you know that are known to be preetyy stiff
?? thanks for all your help

·
Registered
148 Posts
not having alot of rubbing if its only when i got people in the backseats and stuff but i will keep looking around i think megans are shitty they cheap and too soft so thanks any lowering springs you know that are known to be preetyy stiff
?? thanks for all your help
Eibach is probably the best compromise. Eibach kit #7809.140

21 - 31 of 31 Posts