SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After totalling my 03 Linear in April and just got everything settled with insurance. I ordered a 2005 Linear black/slate 5 speed with heated seats a week ago. The dealer loaned me a brand new Linear auto until it arrived. I paid the same price as my 6 month old 03 Certified Pre-Owned. I did notice that the upshift light is now gone and the alarm option on the Profiler is also gone. Is it possible to install an earlier model lighted door mounted trunk switch? I do plan on istalling the gas cap lock actuator.
I did a search and found only one post on the foglamps. Is the 05 Linear prewired for the fogs, can I just plug them in after headlamp switch replacement and programming? The dealer has no info. I also would like to install the front ashtray since I am not a fan of the second open slot.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Congrats!

Man, you are the exact reason i made my website :cheesy:

I don't have a lot of info on retrofitting the door-mounted trunk button.

As far as the ashtray, see this:
www.mrandmrs-g.net/SGFOG/item-e04.htm

For the gas door lock, see this:
www.mrandmrs-g.net/SGFOG/item-c05.htm

For foglights check this:
www.mrandmrs-g.net/SGFOG/item-c07.htm
I don't know if the harness is pre-wired. 2005s may or may not be.
Do a search for foglights, not foglamps & you'll do better. :) Check this thread:
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46939&highlight=foglights

·
Registered
93 Posts
Viscouse, I just have to tell you that I love your site. I was browsing around and found out I had coin slots in the center console! I had no idea, I thought was was a vent. No more noisy coins in the ashtray!

And I just added the lockable gas filler door to my list of things to do. I had that on my NG 900S and I miss it.

Your site is on my favorites list now. Keep up the great work!

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
If you are lucky, your car will have a locking gas door as mine does (it's a Linear, VIN ending in 42000)

As far as a lighted door mounted switch, if hard to retrofit, keep a flashlight in the door. That is a cheap but cheapskate solution.

Fog lights? I'm looking into this myself.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Congrats on the car, and also on a successful round with your agent. That is no fun at all.

I sent a PM regarding the ashtray. I've got the tray and want the slot. :cheesy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts