SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its got 35k, paid $20k and I have some questions:

1) First, can someone answer once and for all if the 2005s had ESC/Stabilitrak as standard equip? I have conflciting info. There is not and ESP/ESc button anywhere in vehicle nor in owners manual.
2) When i turn key on without starting, the car goes thru some pretty noisy "cycling". Is this normal?
3) How is the real world performance in snow and ice w/o snow/ice tires? The stock dunlops were recently replaced by dealer with goodyear wrangler HPs, not sure that is an upgrade, but if i have to put winters on anyway it wont make a difference. I run Nokian WRs on my land rover and they stick like glue but are pricey.

I am actually thinking of trading it in on a left over 2007 demo with 3k for $29,000 after all rebates. I figure for $9000 extra i can get a 2007 with 30k less miles and stabilitrak, DOD, turn by turn navigation, etc. Anyone looking to buy a nice 2005?

·
Registered
277 Posts
jimzigg said:

1) First, can someone answer once and for all if the 2005s had ESC/Stabilitrak as standard equip? I have conflciting info. There is not and ESP/ESc button anywhere in vehicle nor in owners manual.
2) When i turn key on without starting, the car goes thru some pretty noisy "cycling". Is this normal?
3) How is the real world performance in snow and ice w/o snow/ice tires? The stock dunlops were recently replaced by dealer with goodyear wrangler HPs, not sure that is an upgrade, but if i have to put winters on anyway it wont make a difference. I run Nokian WRs on my land rover and they stick like glue but are pricey.

I am actually thinking of trading it in on a left over 2007 demo with 3k for $29,000 after all rebates. I figure for $9000 extra i can get a 2007 with 30k less miles and stabilitrak, DOD, turn by turn navigation, etc. Anyone looking to buy a nice 2005?
1. Yes 05's have stabilitrak
2. what you are hearing is the automatic leveling form the air suspension
3. Snow/ice performance is moderate, not great, if this a huge concern look to get some snows !

Congrats on the purchase, if your looking for nav there are some nice aftermarket choices that fit right in to the double din radio slot

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help. i figured the noise was the air suspension. i will test out the tires i have since they are literally brand new and make a switch next winter if needed.

i was told if there is no esp/esc button inside vehicle that it is not equipped with stabilitrak. can anyone here with an 06 or 07 ( i know for sure it was standard those yrs) vouch that there is no button and no mention in owners manual??

·
Registered
507 Posts
it has stabilitrak...i don't have a button on mine but i have it, it was standard equipment on all years...

the original dunlops made it thru my first winter last year but they were very good for the few big snow days i mean they worked, anything would work and get you going but it was just not as nice as having all snows, so this year i bought a set of pirelli scorpion ice&snow tires for the winter...i bought a set of the OE rims and will mount them after the first snow fall...the OE dunlops are fine for the first snow...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. you may want to have you VIN checked. SAABusa claims my has no stabilitrak but rhen again dealer also said no button= no esc. i will test out these wrangler hps for 1 winter then its to snows. live in WI so its hard driving up here.

·
Registered
507 Posts
i think usa and canada models differ, canada models came with almost all options that the usa model didn't have as standard equipment, IE, HID lamps, etc.

·
Registered
144 Posts
jimzigg said:

The original equipment Dunlops are Horrible in the snow, we've had 2-3 customers switch them out already. We've starting stocking a Continental tire which is a little more aggressive for the rough winters we have... customers have been happy with these.

ps - I dont believe with AWD there is a ESP for it yet...

·
Registered
507 Posts
seems i can't edit a post i made, i just re read what i posted on here, i had said "but they were very good for the few big snow days " but i meant to say they weren't very good for very big snow days, lmao....somehow i missed the "n't" :roll: :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts